God Of War 2 insanely low fps on new rig!
No problem, here it is (you'll need to zoom in a bit and it's perfectly fine to read):

http://i40.tinypic.com/2uz73pd.jpg

(If you cannot read it tell me and I'll upload each configuration screen separately)

PS, I saw on youtube a person with E7400 @ 4GHZ and HD4850 running God Of War 2 smooth, 60FPS stable, with these setting, and tried to copy his setting, and it's almost the same as mine, still doesn't work. This is his settings:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2516/soch.jpg

Sponsored links

on speedhacks use 2x cycle rate
tick off (enable blur output) on graphic plugin and try native resolution or decrease yours.(lower than 1024x1024)
btw the guy has an intel with 3.8GHz
while you have 2.8 thats a bit of a difference.
dont know what kind of difference it makes but he´s also using sse4.1 while you´re using sse2(amd)
Geforce 8600 GT
Asus P5W HD Deluxe
Core2Quad Q6600 o´ced @~3.1ghz
2 x 2048MB Corsair PC2-6400(400MHz)
(06-28-2009, 05:26 PM)Carebear Wrote: on speedhacks use 2x cycle rate
tick off (enable blur output) on graphic plugin and try native resolution or decrease yours.(lower than 1024x1024)
btw the guy has an intel with 3.8GHz
while you have 2.8 thats a bit of a difference.
dont know what kind of difference it makes but he´s also using sse4.1 while you´re using sse2(amd)

So what if the guy has an Intel processor @ 4.0GHZ? He has E7400, not i7 965... Mine, 720BE, is much stronger processor then E7400. I can OC mine without any problem to 3.4, only problem is that I have stock cooling, and that's limiting my OC. Anyhow, that's not the problem. My computer runs Crysis 1024x768 DX10 all Very High and AAx8 (I get over 40FPS stable), so I believe it can run GoW2.
I'll try doing what you told me and see if that's making any difference. Will update soon enough, gtg do something first.
First,we've said it a billion times. PC games cannot be compared to emulating a console. So even if you run Crysis 8 with 800x AA and 8000x6000 res with 180 FPS it does not mean you will get more than 20 fps in some 2D PS2 game that abuses some PS2 specific features or that hits a bug with the emulator.
Also, Core 2 Duos are faster clock to clock from their AMD counterparts,so a C2D at 3,4 Ghz is faster than a AthlonX2/Phenom at 3,4 Ghz(since PCSX2 only uses 2 cores). So the difference between his PC and yours is significant.
So that aside,your configuration looks fine. You can try using the x2 EE hack and the VU steal hack to get some FPS boosts but I see you are using a modified GSdx plugin.

As you should know,we do not offer support for unofficial plugin/emulator modifications since these could be hacked/broken causing all sorts of problems.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Uhm... That's it, 720BE is NOT a counterpart for E7400. Anyhow, I'll try to do what you both said and take my processor to 3.4 to see if that makes any big difference.
720BE is stronger then E7400 clock to clock. I hope that when I'll buy a good CPU cooler I'll hit 3.6-8 with that processor.
Peace.
Yeah, the person in the second post told him to DL that 1076m version of GSDX...not sure why. Grab the latest GSDx beta from the GSDx thread in Discussion and Support and try that. Remember to delete all your inis after you've updated the plugin as well to make sure all the settings for the emulator get cleared and you don't have compatibility issues.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
And next time you buy a cpu, first check if its the right choice for the app you want it for.
(ie: Yep, the intel one is way better for this.)
I don't care. That's the best I could get in the amount of cash I had, so I got it. And guess what? I'm happy. It runs games perfectly, does other staff very fast, much faster then E7400 let's say. I did not buy a computer especially for Pcsx2, it just popped in my head that there's a program like this and that I might run PS2 games on my computer...
Oh, and yeah, when Pcsx2 will support more then 2 cores, I'll piss on every EXXXX CPU out there. At the moment I run games better then Intel's E series (except MAYBE E8500/600).

Back to the topic:
I now run GoW2 with 40~ and sometimes 50~ FPS. Will OC later to my last set up (3.4) and will update.
That's because just about every PC game relies way more on the graphics card, of which your 260 is a pretty darn good one. The higher E7/E8 series processors are still better clock for clock because of their processor architecture, but this is way less important for PC gaming than it is for truly CPU intensive programs, like PCSX2. So, even if they add more thread support, it still might not out the E series processors simply because of the processor architecture.

Don't get me wrong, the one you have is great for PC gaming because PC games don't need as much heavy hitting CPU horsepower. It's why AMD tends to be popular among PC gamers, it has the high clock speeds, but doesn't have all the extra functionality that is basically useless for PC gaming so they can sell them for less.

No one's trying to flame you, we're just trying to explain why the Intel Core 2 processors are better for truly CPU intensive applications such as PCSX2.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Thanks a lot man, thanks a lot for not being pissed off at me for saying what I said and for explaining me all that...

Well, I just finished handling my OC and managed to get to 3.4 stable (which I did a week ago without any problem took me about 2 hours to do now, messing with that damn BIOS). So now I get 55-60FPS in a battle where there's not that much details. In greater battles I get much less, about 40, sometimes even 30... This sux ass... If I knew this before I would have bought an Intel Q Core or E8400 or something like that...
Is there any chance that in the future, when a better version of PCSX2 will come out, my PC will handle GoW2 in a better way? By some kind of code modification in the program or something, or the emulator is in a state where there are small (or large) bugs but the CPU power needed will stay the same?