God Of War 2 insanely low fps on new rig!
Since I have an AM3 mobo, I can count on a CPU upgrade to something more powerful in the future, so I'm not worried.
Will I see a drastic change between my 720BE @ 3.4 and let's say a Phenom II Quad, like 940 @ 3.4 too? They both have more then 2 cores, so can I expect 60 FPS in GoW2 if I upgrade to that CPU? (not going to, this is a new comp, just asking =] )

Sponsored links

Typical games or movie players (or emulators) might have something like this in them:

#ifdef SSE41
doFastConvert ( variable1, variable2);
#else
doSlowerConvert ( variable1, variable2);
#endif

Both should do the same thing, but on a SSE4.1 cpu it would run faster.
Pcsx2 and GSdx both have a few cases where this applies, and in normal cases the difference in speed is about 5 to 10%.
Oh, no biggy then...
Does AMD have a CPU that supports SSE41?
Not yet, no. Also none that has the SSSE3 opcodes yet (which GSdx uses a bit).
AMD has something they call SSE4a though, but its something completely different from Intels SSE4.1.
Yeah, I know this is confusing (worst thing ever is Intels SSSE3 Tongue2 )..
:\
This sux...
Not even the new 955 AMD? What the hell's going on in AMD? And their wondering why no one buys their ***** products... (if I had more money to spend on my new computer, I'd go Intel for sure)
The only hope for me is to buy a new CPU cooler and continue my overclock. I can hit 3.6-7, even 8 if I'm lucky.
Having the other companies SSE feature set requires some sort of license.
Guess AMD didn't want SSSE3 and SSE4.1 (or more like it couldn't afford a deal).
AMD and Intel is always involved in legal issues. The latest bigger one (which still isn't resolved if I'm right) is the license for AMD to build x86 CPUs. If Intel pulls the plug on AMD the answer from AMD would be to pull the plug on Intel for the x86-64 license. Meaning no more AMD CPUs and no more Intel x64 CPUs. The world truly is a funny place.
Hell yeah Laugh

Now I got myself a new problem with Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, I made a video and I will upload it to YouTube for you all to see. I'll open a new thread once the video is online.

New thread:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-8105.html

If anyone can help me with this issue grateful.