God Of War DVD9 won't play movies
It's basicly the same as here:
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=598

I'm using revision 5356. Every dvd plugin i tried didn't work. From what i understand God Of War uses a second DVD layer for the movies but PCSX2 have a problem reaching it. I tried to look for Toxic Dual Layer patch but every download i find contained a virus. is there any other way to play Dual layered DVD games properly?

Sponsored links

reading the dvd directly i guess?

those fixes were for the iso loading
EDIT:

Ok, nevermind, my bad. The ISO i used is ripped for a one layerd DVD that got rid of all the extra videos. the videos are actully not on the file so that's why they don't show up.
So you downloaded the ISO then. Next time use a real copy of the game.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
(08-20-2012, 05:04 AM)PyroBunta Wrote: So you downloaded the ISO then. Next time use a real copy of the game.
Using program that can't make DVD9 image will create image only of the first layer.
ImgBurn is the most recommended program when it comes to dealing with PS2 games(creating images or making backup disks)
No. There are bootleg copies of GoW games out there, either like the one TC has or another one that has low-quality FMVs in a single layered disc.
we're not the police Pyro stop witch hunting !!!!!!

we all know about the "DEV5" versions and i don't know how do you know it your self Wink

until he totally admit Piracy he will get support .....

OK !
How am I witch hunting!? That post explicitly says that the ISO he used was "ripped from a single layered disk". Isn't that enough to tell that he did not burned a disc to an ISO file? Getting warned doesn't even make sense. The official copies of GOW2 are dual layered. The single layer ones are pirated, hence the only to get that single layer ISO is to download it off the net.
In some countries, those dvd5 versions are sold directly on DVD. (even if those versions are illegal). That doenst necessarily mean he actually downloaded it.

Means i second abdo on this. No witch hunting please.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-20-2012, 05:51 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In some countries, those dvd5 versions are sold directly on DVD. (even if those versions are illegal). That doenst necessarily mean he actually downloaded it.

Means i second abdo on this. No witch hunting please.

and i am with Jesalvein DVD9 disks are more expensive than DVD5 and this could happen without notice

but is it legal to use modified copies ???