God Of War DVD9 won't play movies
Those copies only runs on PS2s with modchips. They're no different than burning your ISO into an empty disc. Basically, piracy with paying involved. Of course the money goes to whoever pirated and mass produced it.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Sponsored links

(08-20-2012, 07:39 PM)PyroBunta Wrote: Those copies only runs on PS2s with modchips.

I deny

my PS2 runs all of my modded games ( made by me ) Wink
It's not.
What i mean is that in that case, piracy isnt intentional. Even if it's still forbidden...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
So is it allowed? I mean, I'll have no problem with it anyway.

Burned discs can only be played with a modded PS2 or by using other programs like Swap Magic. It's likely that your system has been modded before being sold to you. They don't go around putting up boards reading "modded PS2s on sale", they're treated just like any other un-modded PS2 out there.
hmm it's been not an "open box" ( not used but just not taken out of the box .. ) PS2 it can't be modded without my notice !!

AND NO IT'S NOT ALLOWED BUT IT WAS INTENTIONAL
That's how modded PS2s are. They're EXACTLY the same in package and whatever, was inside a normal one. I know because I had one when I was trying to make backups for my scratched discs. Those modded PS2s will play both PS1 and PS2 games burned straight from an ISO.

Pirates release a lot of bootleg discs like I said. Some of which are dual-layered that were modified into single layer discs, such as Rogue Galaxy, God of War 2, and Samurai Warriors 2: XL. Of course with some content removed or replaced (which what the TC is running on the emulator). Easiest way to tell between a real and bootleg one is obviously the case, and the lack of a game manual. You can't tell a modded PS2 until you've tried playing burned discs.