God Of War Issues :<
Some games just plain don't run well, no matter what machine you run it on. This may well be one of them.

Finding someone on the forum that's successfully played this game would be a good start, and seeing how your machine compares with theirs.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi

Sponsored links

Well in the end I've decided that getting my PS3 plugged into my monitor is probably easier and more likely to work.

Thanks anyways for your help, it's been a good time but I've put way too much into this and gotten sour results Tongue

Anyway, it's probably my computer, some of its specs are relatively low to the ones I've been seeing run this game.

Thank you all so much for your time!
(05-12-2009, 04:47 AM)Chrome-Demon Wrote: I've tried running all the speedhacks and F4 modes and yet the gameplay still lags, I really would like to know if my machine can run this game correctly or not... Along with the speedhacks I updated my plugins and set the CPU and Advanced options just as tutorials say I should.

:<

The thing is that I've read about computers like mine getting games to run and I'm really desperate to play this now that I've purchased it and, as previously stated, I don't have time anymore to run my PS3 very much because I have so many things going on.

So here's what I have so far:
--Beta 1059
--GSdx 962 (SSSE3) 0.1.15 <windowed; Direct3D10(Hardware); Px shader 2.00; none; stretch; native; most boxes gray checked or unchecked >
--All speedhacks at full or checked.
--All CPU left boxes checked.
--Advanced: Chop/Zero; Normal; both boxes checked; Chop/Zero; Normal; both boxes checked.

The game appears green and still runs pretty slow.

I'm obviously doing something wrong so please help me..

:<

Well, Saiki here claims to have the same specs as yours and run GW at 60 fps Wink You can try asking him for a godly advice Laugh
(05-12-2009, 06:09 AM)Chrome-Demon Wrote: Well in the end I've decided that getting my PS3 plugged into my monitor is probably easier and more likely to work.

Thanks anyways for your help, it's been a good time but I've put way too much into this and gotten sour results Tongue

Anyway, it's probably my computer, some of its specs are relatively low to the ones I've been seeing run this game.

Thank you all so much for your time!

If your monitor already has an HDMI port, it's insanely easy. Even if it only has DVI, there's a good chance you only need an HDMI->DVI cable. A ten-foot cord for ~$5 here.

Don't buy HDMI or DVI cables retail, the prices are marked up horrifically. Buying online is much, much cheaper and the exact same product.

If you don't have hdmi/dvi/component inputs on the monitor, it costs a lot more and really isn't worth it lol. Unless you want to drop a few hundred $$$ on the hardware needed do the conversion well, you'd be better off buying a cheap 24" flatscreen for the same amount.

e: Lost the quote somewhere along the line.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(05-12-2009, 08:10 AM)echosierra Wrote: If you don't have hdmi/dvi/component inputs on the monitor

In addition, even if your monitor has dvi input it also has to support HDCP, otherwise you'll be staring at a black screen Wink
(05-12-2009, 08:18 AM)Cain Wrote:
(05-12-2009, 08:10 AM)echosierra Wrote: If you don't have hdmi/dvi/component inputs on the monitor

In addition, even if your monitor has dvi input it also has to support HDCP, otherwise you'll be staring at a black screen Wink

A very good point that I edited out somewhere along the line. I distinctly remember typing something like that Sad

Though isn't HDCP only required if you're using 1080p? I'd test it myself but I don't have anything that doesn't support it.