God of War.
Hey guys. Last night i downloaded PCSX2 and tried to play god of war. It works nice, but it has some slowdown on some parts, specifically when he drops down inside the boat. Is it supposed to be like that, or are there any settings i have to change for it to run better?

Here are my specs.
AMD Quad Core A10-5700
8gb DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 7660D
Windows 8

Thanks in advance.

Great work on the emulator!

Sponsored links

It seems to me that God of War is one of the harder PS2 games to run in PCSX2. Even with a semi-powerful setup it can still lag in some places. I'm not very familiar with AMD's cards but the best thing you can do for God of War is to go to the video settings, plugin settings, and run it in Direct3D9 Hardware mode. If you never changed any of your settings it should already be set to that. PCSX2 is not perfect, and if your computer really does have DDR RAM, then it's old. Emulation is a hard task to accomplish, and you need much more power than the PS2's actual 300MHz processor.
It's DDR3. Don't know if it makes a difference.
where does it lag, other than the boat?
(12-20-2012, 09:04 PM)Saiki Wrote: where does it lag, other than the boat?

I haven't played that much, so i'll let you know later. I just wanted to ask first in case i had to change some settings before trying to beat the game.
wait till you get out of the boat, and more into Athens. The boat is the laggiest area in the game
(12-20-2012, 09:35 PM)Saiki Wrote: wait till you get out of the boat, and more into Athens. The boat is the laggiest area in the game

I'm in athens and it still lags sometimes. Is my computer good enough for this emulator?
my 2.2 intel managed 40-60 fps. I don't know what the speed of your CPU is, but you should look carefully at what speedhacks you are using and what gsdx settings you are using (which gsdx is sw, 3 threads for me, full speed. Hardware it isn't. I however have an i3 now)
AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon HD graphics 3.40 GHz
yea, use software