God of War
My PC specs

11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU
cpu speed 4.6 ghz

well i was playing god of war on resolution 4x native (2048/1792). the game was running 100% (60fps) speed and 200% with turbo enabled. the emulation settings was the preset 1 safest (no hacks).  renderer open gl hardware. 

during the gameplay after more than 10 hours playing the game speed dropped to 60% and the fps to the half 

first i thought that was a problem with the specific part i was in the game so i started it again but the problem continued 

the temperature of the hardware was in 85º celsius (a normal temperature according to google)

someone know what may happened?

Sponsored links

Quote:the temperature of the hardware was in 85º celsius (a normal temperature according to google)
that's quite high for a laptop
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Probably thermal throttling on the laptop. Could also be GPU throttling too due to thermal activity depending on what the drivers and hardware does. It's also possible that something else was using resources in the background to cause slowdown.

After you've rested and computer had a chance to cool off (and perhaps reboot) is the speed back to 100% again?
(03-06-2024, 08:03 PM)MrWizard Wrote: Probably thermal throttling on the laptop. Could also be GPU throttling too due to thermal activity depending on what the drivers and hardware does. It's also possible that something else was using resources in the background to cause slowdown.

After you've rested and computer had a chance to cool off (and perhaps reboot) is the speed back to 100% again?

no, speed remais at 60% after 3 days and the gpu temperature is at 42º celsius
what about cpu temp ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-07-2024, 07:40 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what about cpu temp ?

cpu temp is at 55 celsius

during the afternoon the game runned normal at 100% speed, i thought tha maybe the problem was miraculously solved, but after some time i tried to play again and the problem was back

really dont know what is happening
Is your power profile set to high performance?
(03-08-2024, 05:21 AM)MrWizard Wrote: Is your power profile set to high performance?

yes and i always uses that way, i really dont know what changed