God of War
I wanna play God of War on normal speed but its going about 17 fps (cutscenes are on 60)
What plugin config should i use?
I have Intel Core2Duo 2.55
ATi Radeon HD 3650 1GB DDR2
2 GB DDR2 Ram

Config:
GSdx 1285 (MSVC 15.00,SSE41)0.1.15
Spu2-x 1.1.0
lilypad 0.9.9
Gigaherz CDVD plugin 0.7.0
DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
USBnull Driver 0.5.0
FWnull Driver 0.4.0
USA v01.60 (07.02.2002) Console

Um and im not playing ps2 games in iso. format
im using real ps2 discs

Sponsored links

make isos from your PS2 discs, then. You'll get a huge speedboost
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
There was a specific set of GSDx revisions that gave ATI cards a pretty hefty speedboost...anyone happen to know which ones they were?

Other than that, you'll need to use some speed hacks, and probably a processor overclock. God of War is decently demanding.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Use Lastest Beta and Plugins anddd...

Use DX10 or 9 Hardware Mode (if still geting low fps try See2) from Config

Config>SpeedHacks tick all of em and x2 Cycle and full VU Cycle

Config>Advenced Chop/Zero and None two of them

Connfig>CPU Skip Frames Slower than 45 or something

I'm playing with 60 Fps and my computer is not better than yours

Lastest GSdx http://pcsx2.dyndns.org/index.php#GSdx
Lastest Beta http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-8317.html
(08-13-2009, 04:26 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: There was a specific set of GSDx revisions that gave ATI cards a pretty hefty speedboost...anyone happen to know which ones they were?

Other than that, you'll need to use some speed hacks, and probably a processor overclock. God of War is decently demanding.

from my own tests with my ati i know that pre 14xx revisions are considerably faster than r14xx+ in SOME games, so it's alway a good idea to e.g. compare a game's performance with r1398 and the latest.

(08-13-2009, 04:33 PM)Raveniac Wrote: Use Lastest Beta and Plugins anddd...

Use DX10 or 9 Hardware Mode (if still geting low fps try See2) from Config

Config>SpeedHacks tick all of em and x2 Cycle and full VU Cycle

Config>Advenced Chop/Zero and None two of them

Connfig>CPU Skip Frames Slower than 45 or something

I'm playing with 60 Fps and my computer is not better than yours

Lastest GSdx http://pcsx2.dyndns.org/index.php#GSdx
Lastest Beta http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-8317.html

don't just enable all speed hacks at once, compare every one of them with the fps without speed hacks and then decide which to use. some games might run quite stable with such aggressive settings, but often even slower than with a more defensive approach. and fps values with both speed hacks and frame skipping enabled can't be trusted really, your pcsx2 might report 60, but the actual number could be lower.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
thx guyz that helped me
Hello. I'm sorry for hijacking this thread, but I guess it's better than making a new one. I have the latest version of the emulator, and i'm running it on a PC with win XP and the following specs:
AMD athlon 64 x2 5000+ proc
ATI Radeon x1550 vid card

The game works smoothly at ~60 FPS, however I have major issues with the game's sound. I tried all 3 sound plugins, some of them have horrible voices (choppy), others have perfect sounds but it frequently cuts out. I'm really confused here, I tried fiddling with all the sparkly bars the config windows give me, but nothing has improved the sound. Any suggestions ?
speed hack and frame skip config, please?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I'm not using any speed hacks and frame limiting is set to Limit (I hope it's what you meant, it's the 1st time I ever use this)

LE: While browsing around some more I found this thread that EXACTLY states my problem. http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4057.html

However, the fix included in it doesn't work for me Smile Sorry for not posting in that one, I didn't see it at the moment.

Also, I actually waited until the end of the cutscene and found out that the game actually DOESN'T work smoothly. I assumed I configured it right because the menu has 60 FPS instead of the 3 FPS I got when I started it for the 1st time. My game is at ~25 FPS and moving horribly, using GSdx 9 SSE2, windowed and at Native resolution. Pixel Shader is on 3, 2 only makes it worse. Speed hacks make it better sometimes (in some rooms, it just goes to 50 FPS, but as soon as an enemy or whatever pops up it just drops to 25 again)

So, not only I have problems with choppy audio, the video isn't working either Smile
No, the video is working just fine, your PC is just really bad for PCSX2.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.