God of War 1/2 runs very slowly (40-60%)
Hello,

I tried some of the settings people suggested to make GOW 1/2 run smoothly but I cant get a configuration that works

I downloaded the beta and am running GSdx 1873 on DirectX Hardware for the graphics (I've tried 9-11 for Direct X).

My computer specs are:

CPU:
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+
according to PCsx2 the speed capability of my cpu is roughly 2.8Ghz
and features MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

Video card in case it mattesr is(i understand the emulator runs mostly off cpu power):
-Sparkle Geforce GT 220

I also have about 1 gig of ddr ram

Ive tried tweaking several settings around based on people's suggestions that I have read, and the fastest I can get the 2 games to run is only about 20-30 fps. Is my system simply not powerful enough, or is there some better settings I should use?

I am able to run Kingdom Hearts 2 fairly smoothly (in case that helps as a system benchmark for capability)

Anyone have any suggestions/solutions? Any help is appreciated

Sponsored links

God of War is a pretty demanding game^^ And for me, lower the resolution for example didnt change a thing in fps. I have a phenomII@3,2ghz just for comparison.
With 3x scaler and without speedhacks the game runs @~40fps for me. Not enough to make fun, so i have to use speedhacks.

So here are my speedhack settings (gsdx dx10 hardware, try getting a newer gsdx version too like r2348):
[Image: nu9rdbal.jpg]

most effective for me was VU cycle stealing (yes kratos is flickering no there's nothing you can do).
I've always found that using a combination of EE speedhacks and VU speedbacks causes an overall reduction in performance.

Not sure why. For me, GOW runs better with VU speedhacks. I tick both boxes and put the slider to the 4th notch from the left.

Yes, the character flickers but other than that I get 100% FPS.

Just for the record - I disable all EE speedhacks.
Slow pc runs pcsx2 slow. Simple as that really.
(12-22-2009, 01:00 AM)rama Wrote: Slow pc runs pcsx2 slow. Simple as that really.

Right....so does that mean mine is too slow?? Or are you just saying in general

If i upgraded my cpu for example, do you have any recommendations maybe?
(12-21-2009, 04:43 PM)Clouds Wrote: God of War is a pretty demanding game^^ And for me, lower the resolution for example didnt change a thing in fps. I have a phenomII@3,2ghz just for comparison.
With 3x scaler and without speedhacks the game runs @~40fps for me. Not enough to make fun, so i have to use speedhacks.

So here are my speedhack settings (gsdx dx10 hardware, try getting a newer gsdx version too like r2348):
[Image: nu9rdbal.jpg]

most effective for me was VU cycle stealing (yes kratos is flickering no there's nothing you can do).

Where can you find the various gsdx versions? I have tried google searching and even searching torrent websites, but none of them yield anything. The only ones I have been able to find are the ones that accompany the actual PCSX2 software. The most recent i can find in GSDX 1873, where can i get "r2348" for example? Could you maybe post a link?
You compile newer versions if you want to try them. There is a guide for how to do it in the developers section of the forum. That said, you will not get much support for SVN versions on the forum unless they break something and you can pinpoint which build does the breaking.

You aren't allowed to link to precompiled versions of the emulators and plugins.
[Image: 2748844.png]