God of War 2 - PCSX2 freezes before first fight
Hi all, I was wondering if this had been an issue with PCSX2 and GoW2 (NTSC i think) that had been brought up previously. I didn't see it around the forums so here goes:

The thing that happens is, at the very beginning of the story where Kratos' tale is being narrated in a cutscene, after Kratos gets struck by the lightning and then shrinks to a normal-sized dude and then turns around to face a number of soldiers, PCSX2 goes dark. The CPU usage is still at MAX and FPS seems to get up, but nothing appears on screen.

This is my config:
PCSX2 0.9.6 (tried it on some betas as well, same result)
Gsdx 1476 SSE3/SSE41 0.1.15 (D3D10 HW, texture filtering on, 800x800/native doesn't matter)
SPU2x 1.1.0
Lilypad 0.9.11
Gigaherz's CDVD plugin 0.7.0

This is my rig:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz
4GB DDR-800 RAM
Nvidia 9400GT 1GB

Note: This setup works for GOW1.

Help please?

Sponsored links

post bump!
What speed hacks and advanced settings and game fixes have you got on? need to know these as well
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-11-2009, 03:56 PM)refraction Wrote: What speed hacks and advanced settings and game fixes have you got on? need to know these as well

x2 cycle rate, all EE hacks except INTC sync hack, VU cycle stealing anywhere from on/off doesnt make a diff, i tried

advanced settings all default, no game fixes selected
you turned all the hacks off and tried it? also in the advanced section try turning all the clamp modes to full

no i meant i slid the bar for the VU cycle stealing from min to max... ill try turning off the hacks and the clamp modes thing and post here the result
tried everything, still no luck...
here's where it freezes...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

may not help, but try peops cdvd.

hmmm still not working... any other ideas guys? the skip mpeg trick also doesnt work for me... Sad
ok so i got a savestate and tried to load that one but the game gets stuck on the 'Loading' screen. I'm guessing I messed up on the ISO creation. Will have to re-do that and see how it goes.