God of War 2 pre-rendered cutscenes skip?
Hi all,

First of all great job on the emulator! I remember way back when nothing worked and people bug tested at 2 frames per second Laugh

Anywho I'm having an issue with God of War 2 cutscenes and I'm not sure if this is a known issue or if it's just happening for me (I did a search and came up with nothing).

I've noticed the cut scenes are actually skipping, there is a very brief moment of a frame (which seems corrupted) then the game resumes playing. So for example in the opening part of the game you see Kratos walk towards the camera and right where there should be be a cut scene there is a brief screen garble and then you're in-game.

I've noticed this with all the combination of plugins so I'm not sure what the issue could specifically be besides a bug, but still just in case?

Sponsored links

You probably have some video skip patch enabled, which is probably there to prevent the game from freezing Tongue Try disabling patches
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hmm, I don't actually see any patches enabled so I don't think it's that.

If I did actually get the cutscenes working would it crash the game when they occurred? If so I don't really see the point in having them enabled, haha.
If Misc->Enable patches is checked they are enabled.
I don't think all videos freeze but IIRC some do. Also recommend to use the latest 1888 beta and March beta plugins: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
[Image: newsig.jpg]
i really like this forum just a very long question, i have a core 2 quad, 9800 gtx+, 4gb DDR3 , and i use the 0.9.7 version of pcxs2, i donot have patches for the cutsences..and i keep getting the cutsecen skip..soo first wats the best performance i can get with that pc..and second how do i stop the cutscene skipping
Wink 
(03-13-2010, 09:09 PM)livingzombie Wrote: Hi all,

First of all great job on the emulator! I remember way back when nothing worked and people bug tested at 2 frames per second Laugh

Anywho I'm having an issue with God of War 2 cutscenes and I'm not sure if this is a known issue or if it's just happening for me (I did a search and came up with nothing).

I've noticed the cut scenes are actually skipping, there is a very brief moment of a frame (which seems corrupted) then the game resumes playing. So for example in the opening part of the game you see Kratos walk towards the camera and right where there should be be a cut scene there is a brief screen garble and then you're in-game.

I've noticed this with all the combination of plugins so I'm not sure what the issue could specifically be besides a bug, but still just in case?
i'm having the same problem still and i have the latest version of emulator. This post seems older do you find any solution if yes then reply to me or email me
my id is [email protected] Rolleyes
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go