God of War I [NTSC-U]/ God of War II [NTSC-U] (Two Disc edition) [NO PIRACY]
Soooo... accused of piracy when i'm looking to solve a problem for two games i LEGALLY own?? What the hell??

[Image: GJGqh.jpg]

(Notice GoW I is a "red label" version in a "black label" box. I bought it second hand, so no big deal here, in case this causes controversy too)

I'll TRY to resume the thread. If it's closed again, then well, so much for legal PS2 games support in PCSX2 forums.

God of War (NTSC-U)[SCUS-97399]
In God of War I, any idea how to get past the Pandora's Temple bridge? The game gets stuck if i use the save point or when i get to the far end of the bridge (even though the FPS count is still moving).

[Image: cQSbX.jpg]

God of War II (NTSC-U)[]
Same happens here, where i got up to the first save point and it hanged.

This happens with/without speed hacks.

Using GSDx on DX11 hardware / SPU2-X / cDVDGigaherz or ISO plugin / Lilypad.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 5,38 KB / Downloads: 1.264)
Main Rig:
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55M-UD2 / CPU: Intel i7 [email protected] / RAM: 16GB DDR3@1333 / Video: eVGA GTX 470 1280MB (285.62) / Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi ElitePro / Speakers: Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 / HDD: WD 3TB SATAII / OS: Windows 7 SP1+ x64

Sponsored links

So there's a special 2 disk edition. First time I heard of that, too.
Try looking at the console, as you're probably supposed to switch disks.
Yeah as I said in the other thread the second disc is only additional features but somehow I thought you meant you had the game itself in 2 discs (there are pirate versions of this).
Your problem is simple, you have to make an ISO image of the game using imgburn. Then CDVD->Choose ISO, then ISO selector->Browse, find your ISO and System->Boot CD/DVD (fast). This will do the trick
[Image: newsig.jpg]
sounds like a dvd 9 issue, try to make an image of the game on the hdd
(02-21-2012, 11:26 PM)Bositman Wrote: Your problem is simple, you have to make an ISO image of the game
(02-21-2012, 11:28 PM)hyakki Wrote: sounds like a dvd 9 issue, try to make an image of the game on the hdd

Doing an ISO right now. I'll report if this solves the issue.

(02-21-2012, 11:19 PM)rama Wrote: So there's a special 2 disk edition. First time I heard of that, too.
Try looking at the console, as you're probably supposed to switch disks.

The second disk in GOW II is a DVD-Video disk filled with special features, no game code. In this game, it hangs at the very first save point, but only if i enter to save.

(02-21-2012, 11:26 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah as I said in the other thread the second disc is only additional features but somehow I thought you meant you had the game itself in 2 discs (there are pirate versions of this)

AFAIK, the pirate versions of both GOW are a 1 disc deal (DVD5), i've seen them on the local flea market.
Main Rig:
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55M-UD2 / CPU: Intel i7 [email protected] / RAM: 16GB DDR3@1333 / Video: eVGA GTX 470 1280MB (285.62) / Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi ElitePro / Speakers: Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 / HDD: WD 3TB SATAII / OS: Windows 7 SP1+ x64
Made the ISO, still crashing.

[Image: bVYsN.jpg]
Main Rig:
Perhaps offtopic, but I think an apology for the witch-hunt would be appropriate.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Try to use Linux Iso CDVD plugin sometimes that can handle DVD9 images better then the internal ISO reader, I'm pretty sure at Pandora temple is when it gets to the second dvd layer.
Do you see any messages in the pcsx2 console when it stops working?

(BTW I happened to have an old save at Pandora Bridge / Tower so I tested with my game and it worked perfectly, I even tried progressive and widescreen modes and still no issues)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-22-2012, 05:35 AM)KrossX Wrote: Perhaps offtopic, but I think an apology for the witch-hunt would be appropriate.

Thanks.

(02-22-2012, 06:33 AM)hyakki Wrote: Try to use Linux Iso CDVD plugin sometimes that can handle DVD9 images better then the internal ISO reader, I'm pretty sure at Pandora temple is when it gets to the second dvd layer.
Do you see any messages in the pcsx2 console when it stops working?

(BTW I happened to have an old save at Pandora Bridge / Tower so I tested with my game and it worked perfectly, I even tried progressive and widescreen modes and still no issues)

I'll try this in some minutes, report soon.

EDIT: No dice, still crashing.
Main Rig:
Can you not retry it from a savepoint and not used a savestate please, they can cause problems so it is best to avoid them when you're having issues. Also have you tried disabling the mtvu hack?

And yes, apologies from the team. I hope you can appreciate that we have to be careful, we are very closely linked to piracy because of what our software does and we try to do as much as we can to dissassociate ourselves from it, preventing Sony from wanting to shut us down.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]