God of War II (SCUS-97481) Game Crash Issue
I'm currently at the Courtyard of Atropos, with the gaint statue head with the blue eyes that is causing the force field to be up. 

Near the save point, at the far upper left, there's an area where if I step into it, it'll crash the game. (I'll upload a screenshot pointing to the area)

My settings are this; Speedhacks: Preset 5. (Preset 4 gets me to about 80% fps, 5 keeps me at a steady 59-61 FPS). GSdx Settings: Renderer is Direct 3D 11 (Hardware), Native Resolution, Textures are also at default, CRC hack Level is aggressive and then I have skipdraw at 2 mostly to regain my HUD. (I'm running no cheats, other than a moon jump).

Everywhere else in this level works just fine, there's a door in the area and I'm unsure if I have to go through it, and that door is in the crash area.

Is it a broken Backup, or is it Emulation settings that are messing with me?

Area in Red is the crash area (Sorry for the Imgur link, and the bad crop, I have dual monitors so screenshotting with Printscreen is odd and I don't know the command in the emulator to take a screenshot cause I'm an idiot)

I also added the photo itself to the thread, just incase either the link breaks, or you wanna see it a bit easier.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Speedhacks: Preset 5
Maybe you actually want the game to crash

Try saving ingame,set the preset to 2,set the crc level to full if you are using DX,restat the game(not directly loading your save after you change the preset)and load the memory card save(not save state).

You are probably enabling options left and right to get more speed but by doing that,you are increasing the chance to encounter a problem
(07-06-2018, 11:46 PM)vsub Wrote: Speedhacks: Preset 5
Maybe you actually want the game to crash

Try saving ingame,set the preset to 2,set the crc level to full if you are using DX,restat the game(not directly loading your save after you change the preset)and load the memory card save(not save state).

You are probably enabling options left and right to get more speed but by doing that,you are increasing the chance to encounter a problem

I was mostly using preset 4 for most games, due to some of them not running at 3, yet in this area of GOW II it runs around 85-97% speed which I wasn't expecting and as for Aggressive over Full..I just noticed a lot less issues.

Your last sentence, although I understand why you said it, was wrong. I have been using emulators for years and play around with settings to get perfect FPS.(I should do more preset testing for my backups...Might be fun) ANYWAYS BACK ON POINT.

I did as you said, I had already saved in the area right before it, I changed the settings, closed and restarted the emulator, and walked directly into the area (Since it's directly left of the save point) and it happened again.

Where are logs saved again? As soon as the crash happened, I did close the emulator...and maybe posting the log will be helpful.
It depends,if you are using the installer version,check in Documents\PCSX2\logs\emulog and if it's the portable version,it's in the logs folder in the pcsx2 folder
(07-07-2018, 12:25 AM)vsub Wrote: It depends,if you are using the installer version,check in Documents\PCSX2\logs\emulog and if it's the portable version,it's in the logs folder in the pcsx2 folder

So, I have no idea what happened, but the crash didn't happen this time around...odd. Turns out I didn't need that area anyways, it's just a health chest..weird. Maybe the settings you gave me didn't take effect like I thought they did, until this test.

Huh...

Whelp...

Problem's solved, I guess.