God of War II on AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 Dual Core 4000+
Hi there. I'm using AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 Dual Core 4000+ (2.142 Ghz) and nVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (512 MB RAM) to run God of War II NTSC. This CPU supports SSE2, SSE3, but neither SSSE3 nor SSE4.1, so I use Gdsx SSE2 plugin. My CPU is dual cores, and I checked the Multi threaded GS mode already. But I don't know why I only get 40 fps on the menu and 30 fps in game, while the CPU usage only reaches 80%. I also try to select Normal frame limitting (all frames are rendered as fast as possible), but the CPU usage is still 80% and the game run at a very low speed (30 fps). What should I do to increase the CPU usage to 100% to achieve a faster emulation speed (higher FPS)? And how can I achieve normal speed of a game even if my PC is not powerful enough? The game is too slow, and the sound as well. I tried both the Frame Skip and VU Skip but honestly, I do not feel much difference.

Besides, I get graphic bugs in all games include Final Fantasy X, Half-Life (I can see through some objects), and God of War II (everything but the characters is green). Is it a bug of PCSX2 or I configed something wrong?

Sponsored links

all you can do is to try the latest beta avaible here on the forums,and maybe overclock your cpu a to 3.0 if you can,but honestly god of war games are one of the most demanding ones,and both cpu and gpu are weak.Just try the latest stable beta (1888) and try some speedhacks too and see if that helps you
Did you set to 'native resolution' under GSDX?
The problems are both, AMD 2.12 not good enough, and Geforce8400 is very bad for Pcsx2, I know because I used to have one. Always at native resolution and not getting full speed at all. So you can try overclocking your AMD to 2.6 at least and buy another video card
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
(03-13-2010, 11:09 PM)Butz_san Wrote: The problems are both, AMD 2.12 not good enough, and Geforce8400 is very bad for Pcsx2, I know because I used to have one. Always at native resolution and not getting full speed at all. So you can try overclocking your AMD to 2.6 at least and buy another video card

GeForce 8400 GS is good enough, i get 100% by playing at pentium4 HT using Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS. Strange of you to say "very bad". U could at least said a little weak.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
It is very bad, you're limited to native resolution on many games and even then it's probably not enough :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64