God of War. Red line rendering explained.
(06-11-2015, 10:28 PM)gregory Wrote: @bosit send me a gs Wink

Here you go, got it with the SW renderer (you can see inc BMP for how it's supposed to look)

http://bositman.pcsx2.net/dumps/punisher...effect.rar

You also get a bonus ( Tongue ) Nanobreaker has the half screen issue again in 2D logos with the gow-depth-support branch, while it works fine on master

http://bositman.pcsx2.net/dumps/nanobrea...f-logo.rar
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Ok.Thanks. For the half screen issue, did you disable crc
(06-11-2015, 10:55 PM)gregory Wrote: Ok.Thanks. For the half screen issue, did you disable crc

Yeah I did (although the CRC for this game affects ingame shadows, not 2D screens)
(06-11-2015, 10:06 PM)refraction Wrote: what game is that and how did it look before?

Also what is the reported height by the game? is this a new bug or an old bug?

It's silent hill origins. Looks like he is trying to say that his change fixes shadows but breaks other effects.
Please retest with texture_cache_depth = 0, I think it will unbroke punisher. Dump don't work for nanobreaker, I have the full screen. But don't worry, I know an effect (related to half-screen) is not properly emulated. I'm currently thinking to add a generic hack.
I just tested getaway and it becomes ugly ! It has a similar issue as snow engine game but in a different axis.

Rt or depth (not sure) is @0x2300
First draw uses a texture @0x2300
Second draw uses a texture @0x2BC0

Delta between 2nd texture and the RT is 0x8C0 so 70 pages. TBW is 10, so it means a coordinate of (0, 224). Hum I think I will postpone the fix of this game Tongue2
(06-12-2015, 09:17 AM)gregory Wrote: Please retest with texture_cache_depth = 0, I think it will unbroke punisher. Dump don't work for nanobreaker, I have the full screen. But don't worry, I know an effect (related to half-screen) is not properly emulated. I'm currently thinking to add a generic hack.

Punisher: With texture_cache_depth = 0 the whole screen was gray, so even worse than with it on..

About Nanobreaker after further testing, the issue occurs only in 2x scaling and happens in both gow branch and master (half screen). Also any custom resolution gives you a black screen (not even half)
Nanobreak, I confirm the issue in 2x. It is really strange. Postponed to later

Punisher: hum strange, the gs works without the option. I pushed a "fix" (but not sure), now it is working with the option. Could you redo a test? Please, regenerate me a new gs if you have the whole screen gray again.
The issues have been fixed but there's still some work to be done. The CRC hacks probably remain enabled on DX so I propose purging them.
I'll PR it myself but first I'd like gs dumps from the games that had the red lines issues fixed.

@refraction and maybe others as well,  can you provide me the dumps from the games you have that got fixed under DX ? I also prefer if they are done on an older GSdx version while the issue is visible just in case.

I'd also like to know if there are any side effects. Maybe some of the crc hacks skipped multiple effects that also weren't rendered correctly.
(01-05-2018, 11:41 AM)lightningterror Wrote: The issues have been fixed but there's still some work to be done. The CRC hacks probably remain enabled on DX so I propose purging them.
I'll PR it myself but first I'd like gs dumps from the games that had the red lines issues fixed.

@refraction and maybe others as well,  can you provide me the dumps from the games you have that got fixed under DX ? I also prefer if they are done on an older GSdx version while the issue is visible just in case.

I'd also like to know if there are any side effects. Maybe some of the crc hacks skipped multiple effects that also weren't rendered correctly.

There's still quite a few issues open for GOW. Might be worth taking a look as well. You may be able to find a GS Dump there.

https://forums.pcsx2.net/search.php?action=results&sid=780a2e245db83c512682ac51b6d36786&sortby=forum&order=asc