God of War chromatic aberration problem
The latest 1.5.0 builds have done a great job on diminishing this effect when I put round sprite on half or full. Unfortunately, I get green vertical lines that I can't fix with TC Offset. If I put texture filtering o billinear (forced), they are no longe there, but there's a visible misalignment were the lines were supposed to appear. It's almost there!

1.5.0 v1.5.0-dev-2277-g85c59fdb5
[Image: S8jEG0.png]

[Image: yUxQQ9.png]

Sponsored links

Did you try to use the various upscaling hack option ? I'm not sure that it will work here. If my memory is right the effect is done by column of 32 or 64 pixels.
I know a few games that have this 3D effect when upscaling such as Sly Cooper - it's better to view in the GS Dump then the images show. Interestingly, Unscale Point Line/HPO doesn't work like it does for the other cases.
(02-08-2018, 04:38 PM)gregory Wrote: Did you try to use the various upscaling hack option ? I'm not sure that it will work here. If my memory is right the effect is done by column of 32 or 64 pixels.

Yep. The only one I can see some difference is merge sprite and it's pretty minor.
(02-08-2018, 07:57 PM)CK1 Wrote: I know a few games that have this 3D effect when upscaling such as Sly Cooper - it's better to view in the GS Dump then the images show. Interestingly, Unscale Point Line/HPO doesn't work like it does for the other cases.

There's a GS Dump in the first page.

Why does 1.4.0 has less CA problems? Trying my best here and 1.4.0 still looks better. 1.5.0 looks as good/better when round sprite is at full or half. Unfortunately, with progressive scan activated in-game I get green vertical lines, without it I get misaligned retangles, almost there...
i'm not sure this is intended and a chromatic effect at all. it sure looks like a sorta fix is needed. just saying. i don't GoW alot. Smile
(02-11-2018, 03:09 AM)dabore Wrote: i'm not sure this is intended and a chromatic effect at all. it sure looks like a sorta fix is needed. just saying. i don't GoW alot. Smile

Pretty sure it's not considering some of the posts of the devs. I just call it CA cus it looks like it.

btw: The first chapter is actually the one where this effect is the most agressive. In the next one it's almost invisible, you may see some green/purple pixels on the border of a building/object/polygon. (1.4.0 report)
No significant improvements in last builds Sad
It's going to take some time to fix, unless you see it specifically mentioned in the commit message on Github, it's unlikely for the status of the issue to change Wink
bump.

Was anything done about this problem yet? I'm trying to finish my GoW1 playthrough and find that I can't stand the chromatic aberration effect. Unsure