God of War chromatic aberration problem
It is known that in order to play God of War with properly emulated effects such as shadow and fog you need to use OpenGL Hardware as renderer and maybe use Partial on CRC hack -- no visible difference for me in this -- and to get rid of vertical lines or some bad effects, half pixel offset set to special or agressive (along with native scalling). If I turn it off I get green vertical lines, if I put it in Special, I don't get green vertical lines, but there are some visible transparent vertical lines. I can get fully rid of them when I ajust TC Offset.

Some screens of the effect:

Normal screenshot
[Image: f8zaSm.png]

Zoomed in
[Image: 5Ri93p.png]

Is there any way to fix it? 

I can almost get rid of this ajusting TC Offset Y and X to something between 157 ~ 187. They are still visible along with some weird transparent lines outlining characters/npcs and some objects around them. Using Direct3D 11 I get no shadows and fog, but the edges are smooth as butter, shame it's not the same on OpenGL.

specs:
i7 7700k
16GB DDR4 2400mhz
GTX 1070

PCSX2 build: v1.5.0-dev-2267-gab44ebd7e

Sponsored links

You could try using OpenGL and turning Blending Accuracy to Basic/None.
Can you post a multiframe GSdump(hold CTRL + SHIFT + F8 for about 2 seconds) of that scene? https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-c...er-GS-dump
(02-01-2018, 02:07 AM)CK1 Wrote: You could try using OpenGL and turning Blending Accuracy to Basic/None.

There's definitely some minor improvements regarding the outlining and chromatic aberration glitches, but I lose fog effect Sad

Thx!
(02-01-2018, 02:44 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Can you post a multiframe GSdump(hold CTRL + SHIFT + F8 for about 2 seconds) of that scene? https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-c...er-GS-dump

There you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gp9hm2fu86lkt9...s.rar?dl=0

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the dump. I took a quick look and the Round Sprite hack seems to help, but it's clear that it needs a better fix.
(02-01-2018, 01:19 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Thanks for the dump. I took a quick look and the Round Sprite hack seems to help, but it's clear that it needs a better fix.

When this fix should be released?  Sad
(02-01-2018, 05:08 PM)Vinimaxo Wrote: When this fix should be release?  Sad

do you know how to fix it ?
If so, can you please tell us, so that we could make a PR to gihub and release it ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-01-2018, 05:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: do you know how to fix it ?
If so, can you please tell us, so that we could make a PR to gihub and release it ?

[Image: 0ccbd7b53a0e222c3fab84bf1693eaeaa5b69958...0d5c7e.jpg]
We can't just schedule when a fix is ready. Someone needs to have the time and desire to look into it, and then hopefully find the best solution to the issue. If the issue is hard to track down or difficult to fix properly, it can take quite a while.