God of War slowing down during intensive scenarios
Whenever there is a fight scene or any scenario that is not just casual walking, the game slows down. I know it's not my computer, my computer is definitely good enough to run God of War. Maybe there is some way I can allocate more processing power to the application?

Sponsored links

(03-28-2013, 05:47 PM)NotSoHonestAbe Wrote: Whenever there is a fight scene or any scenario that is not just casual walking, the game slows down. I know it's not my computer, my computer is definitely good enough to run God of War. Maybe there is some way I can allocate more processing power to the application?

Two things off the top of my head I can think of.

1. Go to control panel, system & security, Power Options, and select performance.

2. Open task manager, Go to processes tab, select "pcsx2-r(insert svn number here), and right click, select set priority, and choose above normal, or high. I prefer above normal, High isn't really necessary.
Quote:I know it's not my computer, my computer is definitely good enough to run God of War
how do you know ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-28-2013, 06:19 PM)jesalvein Wrote: how do you know ?

AMD Phenom II X4 925 Quad-Core @2.8GHz
4GB RAM
550w PSU
GeForce GTS 450
ASUS M4A88T-M Mobo
The CPU isn't too bad, but ...

Quote:GeForce GTS 450

I guess your weak point is here.
What do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
did you keep native internal res ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
When it slows down, the ee% stays at 100%, and the gs% lingers around 25%
Remember that emulation needs a lot of juice. Many people think because they can run all pc games that any emulator will run fine. But yeah, I agree, your gfx card is the weakest link in that setup.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
(03-28-2013, 08:08 PM)NotSoHonestAbe Wrote: When it slows down, the ee% stays at 100%, and the gs% lingers around 25%

Well, EE at 100% tells the CPU reached the limit and can't calculate any more things it is being pushed to do, so the FPS falls.

You will need to use speedhacks, mainly EE cycle rate ans VU cycle stealing but that may not be enough for those demanding scenarios. EE beyond half course may give sound sync problems and VU cycle stealing at max almost certainly will make the game feel lagging.

Actually your computer is not so good for emulating certain PS2 games, I tell you this because I had a 965BE overclocked, with a GTX 460 sometime ago and it wasn't enough to run some games at full speed.

The new FX 8150 at 4.2 GHz and the GTS 560 (two in SLI but this does not help in this case) is actually somewhat worse than the previous setup PCSX2 wise.

PS: The CPU is good enough to run most PC games without problems, in that case would be the video card indeed the main problem preventing pushing the graphics quality too hard but most native PC games will run fine in there. Sadly the emulation is hard, very very hard on the CPU and other than the graphics post processing is relatively easy on the GPU.

The comment about my previous setup being better than the newer is the Phenom II is better with light threaded programs than the Bulldozer. The Piledriver (like Vishera 8350 correct part of the problem and is just a bit better than the old Phenom II in this case).
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-28-2013, 07:58 PM)jesalvein Wrote: The CPU isn't too bad, but ...

I guess your weak point is here.
What do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
did you keep native internal res ?

That GPU is more than enough to run GoW1 at 2x native. The first problem is his CPU, and the second one is he did not use the MTVU hack. The third problem, if any, is that he did not use the VU Cycle Stealing hack either.

With no speedhacks, GoW1 and GoW2 need a Core i5 @4.5 Ghz+ to run at full speed all the time.
Select vu & ee clamping mode to none in emulation settings.speedhacks ee cyclerate-2,vu cycle steal-2.mtvu lag hack,last one (recommended if 3+cores),in ee cycle rate tab first two ticked.choose native resolution in video plugin settings.directx 9 hardware.interlacing none or automatic.enable hw hacks-first 4 ticked.logarithm z ticked.if still doesn't help,choose custom resolution-untick native & put width & height to 512x512.update directx using web upadter.update graphic card from u'r graphic card manufacturer site.select automatic update utility.see pcsx2 tweaks videos on youtube.they're very helpful.if need more help pm me.hope it'll help u Smile