God of War, strange framerate problems
i7 860
Radeon 4670
4GB RAM
Win 7
v. 5932

Recently reinstalled windows, and tried reinstalling pcsx2. It used to run well. Went through config (I've done this before), tried to run God of War, and it stays at around 30 fps. Oddly, however, when I change a setting and go back to emulation, it will jump back up to 60, stay there for 1-3 seconds, then slowly go down to 30 again. Running in null graphics actually doesn't speed it up at all. I think this is strange.

Some help?

Sponsored links

Looks like intel speedstep.
Try disabling it in your bios.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Disabled eist in bios, didn't change it anything. Might've even made it slower.
can you please monitor your temps when playing ?
I wonder if you are getting a kind of overheat.
I'm idling at 99c, 208f, with just Chrome and Skype running.

That seems high.

*edit*

What the ***** ha ha
    I went in and dusted it out quite a bit, vacuumed, but it's still hovering at 98c. What could be the problem?

*edit*

What? Something is off here.
that's defninitely an overheating problem, then.
Better check of your fan(s) are spinning correctly, and if you should replace your thermal paste, maybe..
Those temps aren't normal
fans are a-ok, but would thermal paste be the difference here? I'm certain a reapplication would be smart, since I haven't put anymore on since I first built this thing 5 years ago, but how many degrees difference are we really expecting here? I built a pc for my dad 3 months ago and didn't even use thermal paste, and it zips along quite nicely.

Also, there is the fact that CPUID PerfMonitor was showing 98 degrees, now after messing with settings in the bios and dusting the inside of the case, it shows 0, where the others show a consistent 99c across, which is a HIGHER reading than before dusting, and the bios reading of the core temp is 89 degrees.

It makes me suspicious that something else is the problem here.
DUnno how CPUID perfmonitor is reliable since I always use Coretemp. I'm pretty sure of one thing, though :
Quote:and the bios reading of the core temp is 89 degrees.
that's too high.
it should never be above 75-80°C when running intensive applications.
Word, I'm just saying that all the factors together look suspicious, not that the reading is ok.

I just checked my dad's computer, and in the bios his cpu is idling at 40 degrees, no thermal paste.

I'm going to open up the case again and see if maybe some dust got between the fan and the cpu when I was cleaning it... could the old thermal paste be adversely affecting temperature?