God of War2, Smackdown Vs RAW 2010
(08-25-2010, 08:35 PM)diegochiha Wrote: As for SVR 2010 i can run it just fine with sound and everything so i dont know whats your problem with it ?

With those specs in your signature? Dude you gotta help me man. The specs are pretty similar except the 0.4 Ghz speed difference in CPU. Can you let me know what is your exact configuration and plugin selections? Also the versions of different plugins used? I should atleast play at 35-40 fps then.

Sponsored links

Except his cpu is also faster clock for clock. Your cpu is closer to Saiki's and as he stated in his previous post he only got it running at 25fps.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Still, its only a 400 Mhz difference. And his CPU is older Dual Core, not even Core 2 Duo. Anyways if he is getting nice sound and playing it fine, atleast he is getting 50-55 fps, and I am stuck at 25-28, maybe my settings/plugin versions are different. If I can get 35-40 fps, I will be more than happy.
400 MHz is almost 18% -- it's not mere, it's a lot. E5300 (45nm Wolfdate-3M) is a Core 2 type processor, although it named Pentium. Turion X2 is probably RM-75 (65nm Lion), that have lesser cache and AMD processors are used to have lover clockrate efficiency.
Zeydlitz, that last statement about AMD processors is valid only for the iX architecture, for all the formers the AMD was always ahead clockwise.

Indeed was for adopting an architecture that resembles AMD's 'efficiency per clock' this reverting was achieved on i7. Before it the Intel's leadership was due sheer raw clock speed and miniaturization.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-26-2010, 01:21 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: 400 MHz is almost 18% -- it's not mere, it's a lot. E5300 (45nm Wolfdate-3M) is a Core 2 type processor, although it named Pentium. Turion X2 is probably RM-75 (65nm Lion), that have lesser cache and AMD processors are used to have lover clockrate efficiency.
Yes you are right, its RM-75, the 65nm one, with 0 L3 cache and 1 MB L2 cache. I thought his E5300 was based on Pentium Dual Core architecture. *sigh*, maybe that is the max I can achieve. Hopefully the next PCSX2 version will become more awesome. I mean the performance improvement between 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 is incredible. I used to get 25 fps in WWE HCTP, and now its 40+, GOW 2 was in teens and now it is 40+ as well.

Also one thing I observed is that the FPS remains high in SVR series games when there is no crowd in background. For eg, while playing Royal Rumble in SVR 2010, the camera angle shifts upward, hence the crowd shown is minimum compared to other matches, and hence I get 40 fps easily. This is another reason why HCTP works great as its camera angles show less crowd. I am damn sure that older WWE games (Just Bring it, Shut your Mouth)which showed 2d crowd will work flawlessly.
If there is anyway in which we can change the field of view or blur the crowd, then the higher fps can be achieved.
Anyways the most easiest way for me is to get a Desktop, and play these games. But then again, if I can have that much space for a desktop, I can bring my PS2 as well. Laugh
(08-26-2010, 01:42 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Zeydlitz, that last statement about AMD processors is valid only for the iX architecture, for all the formers the AMD was always ahead clockwise.

A similarly clocked Core 2 Duo (T6600 to be exact) gives much better performance as compared to my processor, thanks to its more efficient 45nm and 2 MB L2 cache. Sad
well, I meant CPUs from the same generation and class. core duo is phenom II concurrent, AMD does not have anything in the same generation as the i7 yet.

Anyway Intel nomenclature is too confuse and I don't follow it at details... too much confusion even among the same class representatives.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Yup, the Thuban series is considerably slower though having 6 cores. Lets hope the Bulldozer fixes that.
I will get a desktop soon with i5 760 and GTX 460 and hope that it maxes every PC game and PCSX2 compatible game at 1680x1050.
Please how do i get the SVR 2010. Or can i just by the ps2 dvd of it and convert it to iso. If so, how do i do that. thanks