Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God of war 2 opengl scaling glitch
When i try to change resolution with opengl hardware, i get this weird chromatic aberration effect on anti-aliased edges. When i play in native resolution everything is fine, and with custom resolution i get ghostly effect, which disappears, together with fog and shadows if i set aggressive CRC. 
Is there a way to get full hd resolution with fog and shadows, and without green aliasing?
My specs are:
gtx 970
amd FX 8370 (4.2 GHz)
Windows 10

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try half pixel offset
Half pixel offset doesn't work with custom resolution.
Then don't use Custom Resolution Wink Use the Native x# scaling

Seriously CR is the bane of our lives.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
Yes, it won't work. it isn't coded to work at custom resolutions, you should try using native scaling resolutions. (2x,3x...)
Otherwise you can disable depth hardware emulation.
When i use scaling i get green aliasing, when i disable depth hardware i lose shadows and fog. I found that CRT hack causes this green effect, when i set it to none, minimal or partial. When i set it to full or agressive i lose effects.
Normally you need
* accurate blending to high
* CRC to partial
* upscaling resolution xN
* half pixel offset hack

The "rainbow" effect is a bad interpolation of the depth buffer which is used to compute shadows/fog. CRC will disable all those draw calls to rendering is "smoother"
I set everything exactly as you said, so the only way to get a rid of rainbow is to disable that shadows/fog with crc? At least i have bloom now.
Did you enable VU cycle stealing?

Could generate me a gs dump ?