Good computer specs but PCSX2 is running @ 30 fps.
Hello! I'm currently on default settings because I really have no clue what I should change. My computer specs are: Fx-6300 Amd 6 core, GTX 460 GPU, 6gb ram. I think these should be ample for ps2 emulation, but every game I've tried only can manage around 30 FPS max while actually in the game. If anyone could help me out on some settings or maybe a reason why my computer is running so slow, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-20-2014, 11:04 PM)3ncore Wrote: Hello! I'm currently on default settings because I really have no clue what I should change. My computer specs are: Fx-6300 Amd 6 core, GTX 460 GPU, 6gb ram. I think these should be ample for ps2 emulation, but every game I've tried only can manage around 30 FPS max while actually in the game. If anyone could help me out on some settings or maybe a reason why my computer is running so slow, I would greatly appreciate it.

Have you tried using speedhacks?
Are you able to overclock, that would help quite a bit.
What version of the emulator are you using and what exact games?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(01-20-2014, 11:04 PM)3ncore Wrote: Hello! I'm currently on default settings because I really have no clue what I should change. My computer specs are: Fx-6300 Amd 6 core, GTX 460 GPU, 6gb ram. I think these should be ample for ps2 emulation, but every game I've tried only can manage around 30 FPS max while actually in the game. If anyone could help me out on some settings or maybe a reason why my computer is running so slow, I would greatly appreciate it.

It doesn't matter what you THINK is good for emulation. What matters is how good your hardware and software configuration is. If you don't understand this concept then we won't be able to help your situation.

We really need your full computer specs to help you out. This isn't something optional. Post it in the same way you see others post it in their signature or just type it out if you can.

1 - Your GPU is worse than mine, and mine is ~2 years old and at the very 'minimum' of being able to play PS2 emulation at ideal speeds at native quality or better. Most times I can actually manage 3x native resolution with a few slowdowns but it varies from game to game. With that GPU you are looking at native resolution for every game. Maybe 2x resolution on a few low-impact games.

2 - I find it odd you have 6 GB of RAM rather than 4 GB or 8 GB. If you are using a 32-bit OS then it won't matter if you have anything over 4 GB of RAM because the computer will only see 3.5 GB of RAM due to architecture limitations. This is why we need you to post proper specs that include what OS you're using and whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit.

3 - Emulation isn't the same as running a program natively. It won't matter if you can run a PC game at high speed/resolution with your current setup because emulation works differently. Just realize this if you haven't done so already.
1. His machine is ample(the CPU might need to be overclocked though). He has the same processor as me, and his GFX card while slower than mine is more than suitable. I played this emulator satisfactorily on a weaker GPU than that.

2. Plenty of people have 6gb of ram. Jesalvein does, General Plot does(in triple channel), I recall.

3. He never made such a comparison.

Please try not to bite the newcomers(except when they deserve it).
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I have 64 bit windows 7 home premium. I'm literally using the default settings. I have the latest stable version of pcsx2 that I just downloaded from the website. I'm trying to play test drive eve of destruction in iso form. I'm new to this emulation stuff so if you have any suggestions for good settings for my specs I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again guys.
I don't know how much this game can be demanding, but i would start by enabling all recommended speedhacks, and then tinker a bit with ee cycle rate, then vu cycle stealing.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I tinkered with the ee cycle and the vu cycle and I found some settings that run the game smoothly at 60 fps! Thanks!