Good hardware but slow Emulation?
Hi I was told to make another thread by a Mod/Admin about my current set up to see whats going on. I have an AMD A8 APU 3GHz and I recently got a ATI Raedeon R7 370 4gb Video Card.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU (exact model), Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-10-2015, 12:14 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU (exact model), Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Windows 10 64 bit 
8 GB ram
AMD A8-3870APU 3GHz
All Recomended Settings and Running Fatal Frame ISO format
Latest Version of PCSX2

I just tweaked some of the Plugins and it seems to be Running at 60 fps for now.
good.
that said, you'll probably be limited in many games because of your CPU's weak STR
It seems to be around 1000 while most games will require 1600-1800 to run correctly under pcsx2
(12-10-2015, 12:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: good.
that said, you'll probably be limited in many games because of your CPU's weak STR
It seems to be around 1000 while most games will require 1600-1800 to run correctly under pcsx2

Is there anyway to OC my Processer?
(12-10-2015, 12:46 PM)iMissingno Wrote: Is there anyway to OC my Processer?

APUs aren't really overclockables, AFAIK.
And event if you were doing so, that wouldnt bring a really better STR.
Your CPU isn't made for intensive emulation, and I guess using your old PS2 is still your best bet for now.