Got a powerful system, but emulator runs games slow
I have a brand new system with a ECS IC780M-A AMD 780 Socket AM2+ Motherboard, Phenom 2 quad core duo 2.4 GHZ processor, 8 GBs DDR2 800mhz Ram and a Nvidia GeFroce 9500 GT 1 gig video card. I have followed some Youtube video steps for the best configuration for speeds and yet all games still run slow. Especially in game cinematic scenes. Games most notable for slowness are FFX, FFX-2 Xenosaga 1-3. Kingdom hearts runs pretty good except during video sequences.

Speaking of FFX games even with the FFX video game fix the things are still messed up. A black bar on the right of the screen. Although sometimes it's white or is mixed with the colors of the scene. FFX-2 is even worse. Runs so slow. Found out that unlike FFX it uses actual MPG video. No idea what FFX uses, but it's defiantly not MPG as I couldn't find any in it using a program I got called Extractor.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

2.4 GHz is a bit slow for pcsx2.
Pcsx2 settings, plugins config, screenshots ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah... That's not a very powerful system, especially for PCSX2.

The CPU is slow, and being AMD has never been a plus.
The GPU is more of a minimum, and may need to be running native resolution in many cases.

Advice: Use Speedhacks and native resolution. If configured properly, you should be able to get decent speeds out of something like FFX or Kingdom Hearts. Expect most other games to not do as well, especially Xenosaga.

If this doesn't help the speeds, you really will need to post backwith the information previously requested. Smile
Most everything is default except I have it set to preset aggressive, and in the graphics plugin settings of GSdx 4600 SSE2 I have it set for D3D 10 (Hardware) with 512 x 512 res, Interlacing set to Blend tff, texture filtering is square not a check mark and Logarithmic Z and Alpha Correction (FBA) are checked. I'm using Linuz ISO and have CDVD set to plugin so it's used. GS Window is set to to fit to window/screen with always hide mouse cursor and default load to full screen selected.

While we're on the subject what processor should I be using?
Intel i5 2500K or i7 2600K are the fastest chips for PCSX2 at this time.
They're roughly 3 times as fast as what you use now.