Got a serious question
I have not been here in a while so I'll be brief.

I can not say that I own many PS2 games and I play only 3 (4) of them in PCSX2 0.9.6

- Castevania - Lament of Innocence NTSC / U
- Castlevania - Curse of Darkness PAL / E
- Resident Evil 4 PAL / E
(- Silent Hill 3 PAL / E)

All games work perfectly for me in PCSX2 0.9.6 and Windows 7 Professional x64

My question is:

Is there any reason for me to upgrade from 0.9.6 to 0.9.7 in the future now that everything is working perfectly and at full-speed?
What would the advantages be if any?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

0.9.7 is generally faster, more stable and more user friendly. You can give it a try and see for yourself really, that's the best way of answering that since it's a matter of preference (you say you already get full speed and bug free emulation)

I really can't see the 'serious problem' in any of this...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-08-2010, 09:26 AM)Bositman Wrote: 0.9.7 is generally faster, more stable and more user friendly. You can give it a try and see for yourself really, that's the best way of answering that since it's a matter of preference (you say you already get full speed and bug free emulation)

I really can't see the 'serious problem' in any of this...

Thank you for your quick answer.

0.9.6 have been quite good from day one since I started using it and I actually think it was pretty user friendly, still is (kinda familiar with various types of software and if you have used any of Oracle's database systems, PCSX2 0.9.6 is child's play when it comes to user friendly)

And it actually have almost been 100% completely bug, crash and hang free with only one flaw and that is regarding Castlevania - Lament of Innocence in certain rooms when the game just freezes and you have to reset and do the workaround in the settings to get by it.

But yeah I'll definitely test 0.9.7 once it get's released to see if there is any benefits in upgrading, the beta is looking pretty nice and solid by the judge of the screenshots but I don't actually want to try it out yet until 0.9.7 is fully completed (Perfection should take it's time)

And if things shouldn't work out so good with 0.9.7 I can always go back to 0.9.6 (Sadly that was the case with ePSXe 1.7.0, had to go back to 1.6.0, but that's another story for another time)

Thanks, I know what to do know and wait for the big release!
beta version is more stable than the latest release version? that is weird. could name it "release" then.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
There are still things missing as noted in the news post and in the read me file that keep it at beta. Also, there were some bugs that slipped in, which have already been fixed on SVN. All in all, 0.9.7 is very stable it seems. We didn't have a way of knowing that without releasing it to public since it's one thing for 3 people testing it with 3 systems and another to expand that to 200,000 or so.
I'm happy to say that it looks like the next release will be perfectly stable, feature complete, faster and more compatible than ever Wink

Quote:But yeah I'll definitely test 0.9.7 once it get's released to see if there is any benefits in upgrading, the beta is looking pretty nice and solid by the judge of the screenshots but I don't actually want to try it out yet until 0.9.7 is fully completed (Perfection should take it's time)

If you don't mind some stuff missing like memcard changing from GUI or a patch browser, I suggest you give it a try now. I think after you use it, you won't want to go back to 0.9.6 Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]