Grainy/dirty graphic in Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
I have grainy/dirty graphic in this game. It looks like black sand/dots appearing/filling entire screen. I can't capture this with screenshots, but game looks much worse coz of this.
I've checked every option in hacks (i think) and nothing changing this for worse or better, same with native res.
Any ideas what can help?.
Thanks in advance for answer.

Sponsored links

Just press Page Down until it goes away.

Btw the effect is called dithering
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-30-2020, 06:42 PM)refraction Wrote: Just press Page Down until it goes away.

Btw the effect is called dithering
I did as you described with many page down press but nothing changed for worse or better.
I think this effect is like snowy black dots filling entire screen not some parts like i see in some dithering examples on the web.
It looks like bad tv antenna connected to tv making picture looks snowy but I have this effect in black.
Any ideas?.
Thanks in advance for answer.
What about pressing F7?
(10-31-2020, 01:18 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: What about pressing F7?
It's changing how it looks in terms of light, maby something more, but this thing looks same. I'm starting to loosing hope, this looks like something new in terms of errors.
have you got a screenshot? really difficult to tell what you mean from a description

(10-31-2020, 08:23 PM)refraction Wrote: have you got a screenshot? really difficult to tell what you mean from a description
Screenshots do not capture this, but in real time it's clearly visible, mayby video, but this will probably be huge in size.
(11-01-2020, 06:09 AM)RadekNeli1987 Wrote: Screenshots do not capture this, but in real time it's clearly visible, mayby video, but this will probably be huge in size.

I guess it's because of your monitor, but if you can record a movie that shows your problem, record it, post it in a video hosting website and send the link here.
Do you want to try this patch? I'm not sure if it's for your version but it removes the effect.  The game is supposed to look like that btw.

But I hope this works

Attached Files
.pnach   588CC41B.pnach (Size: 154 bytes / Downloads: 88)

(11-01-2020, 08:05 AM)refraction Wrote: Do you want to try this patch? I'm not sure if it's for your version but it removes the effect.  The game is supposed to look like that btw.

But I hope this works
Sad Unfortunately it also don't work (i pasted it to cheats folder and enabled cheats).
And about how it looks it's something like that, but snowy dots are black and this effect is less visible, but enough visible to ruin experience.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5AQGigzgE2M