Gran Turismo 2000
My framerate in Gran Turismo 2000 sucks what can I do to help?
at 3x native resolution it drops down to 40fps on the main menu screen
with the car spinning, it runs best with the D3D11 HW plugin.

By comparison, whilst not a good comparison since it uses lower quality textures but
Gran Turismo on ppsspp runs fullspeed in-game with it's OpenGL backend with the following settings:
5x Rendering resolution
3x bicubic texture filtering
16x anisotropic filtering
linear texture filtering and screen scaling filter
999Mhz PSP CPU clock overclock
1 frame frameskipping

i5-2520M, can supposively upgrade to any 2nd gen i7 but hyperthreading and turbo boost need to be turned off otherwise it runs too hot.
http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced/?s=...CountMin=4

NVS4200M
4GB RAM DDR3 1333, can upgrade to 16GB.
Win7 Pro x64

Sponsored links

(04-18-2017, 11:52 AM)Mikhail0 Wrote: My framerate in Gran Turismo 2000 sucks what can I do to help?
at 3x native resolution it drops down to 40fps on the main menu screen
with the car spinning, it runs best with the D3D11 HW plugin.

By comparison, whilst not a good comparison since it uses lower quality textures but
Gran Turismo on ppsspp runs fullspeed in-game with it's OpenGL backend with the following settings:
5x Rendering resolution
3x bicubic texture filtering
16x anisotropic filtering
linear texture filtering and screen scaling filter
999Mhz PSP CPU clock overclock
1 frame frameskipping

i5-2520M, can supposively upgrade to any 2nd gen i7 but hyperthreading and turbo boost need to be turned off otherwise it runs too hot.
http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced/?s=...CountMin=4

NVS4200M
4GB RAM DDR3 1333, can upgrade to 16GB.
Win7 Pro x64
You really can't compare PSP Emulator to a PS2 Emulator. Vastly different systems.

As it's a laptop make sure it's plugged in and set to high performance mode.

That said the Gran Turismo's have got pretty high requirements and your laptops single thread performance isn't great.

You could try the EE Cyclerate speedhack.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
Ok are their any less demanding racing games for pcsx2 like Enthusia, Toca or Ridge Racer?
being honest though I don't remember Gran Turismo looking this washed out and faded, something
in texture filtering looks off too me like the hud and text are being upscaled from quarter their original resolution,
even at 1x native in windowed it looks stretched and has artifacts, are they supposed to run 480p or 480i or lower?
I only remember Gran Turismo 4 and possibly Tourist Trophy giving 480p as an option.
I can run Gran Turismo 2000 fullspeed at 3x native with interlacing set to none but the screen bounces up and down.
(04-18-2017, 01:51 PM)Mikhail0 Wrote: Ok are their any less demanding racing games for pcsx2 like Enthusia, Toca or Ridge Racer?
being honest though I don't remember Gran Turismo looking this washed out and faded, something
in texture filtering looks off too me like the hud and text are being upscaled from quarter their original resolution,
even at 1x native in windowed it looks stretched and has artifacts, are they supposed to run 480p or 480i or lower?
I only remember Gran Turismo 4 and possibly Tourist Trophy giving 480p as an option.

not really.
can you tell us which ones you do own so that we could give you some hints ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I currently have
Cars
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Grand Prix Challenge

Also have a few on various ops2m demo discs, from memory I have
Burnout 3
F1 2006
Juiced
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Colin McRae might be okay and Burnout maybe, not sure on GP Challenge.

Stay clear of Juiced, that's pretty much a slideshow on powerful computers!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-19-2017, 12:09 AM)refraction Wrote: Colin McRae might be okay and Burnout maybe, not sure on GP Challenge.
With maximum speedhacks you might luck out, but none of those games are light on resources.
Ok i'll give a them a try, how come PS2 emulation is far more demanding than Dreamcast and Gamecube emulation though?
do they have more in common with PC hardware? Dreamcast utilised Windows CE on a few games so it probably has more in common with DirectX but as for the Gamecube with better specs than the PS2?
the force 24-bit colour option it has in Dolphin has a big impact on speed for me, increases performance by around 20% or more
maybe something similar could be included in pcsx2.
GameCube has better hardware (so has xbox), dreamcast was abit less i think then PS2. But the PS2 was the most different of the 6th gen, so the hardest to emulate. Infact as i see it, the PS2's hardware wasnt all that special not even when it launched, it was OK but as a gaming system the pc was having better hardware when it launched. The PS2, in some way, is a 'super PSX' if you look at its hardware. PS2 didnt have many hardware functions for the time, but quit flexible, doing SH lighting on one the VU. Although in general, games looked better on the other platforms. Have not much intrest in the dreamcast so dont know much about that one.

GC and Xbox released more then a year later. Xbox has the most in common with PC hardware but not much intrest in emulating it.
I dont think you can compare PCSx2 to dolphin either, im not a coder (im on the hardware side of things), but i think the dolphin team has another aproach aswell, whereas PCSX2 focus on hardware/hacks to get games working correct, dolphin does this another way? One of the coders can correct this Tongue
The PS2 was a pain in the butt, it was really a mish mash of parts, kinda like the Saturn, but it is all incredibly timing sensitive (like the Saturn lol) at times, so emulation it is a tricky thing, plus there's lots of parts, the clockspeed if you could sensibly add them all up, comes to about 3.6Ghz for all the components in the PS2 we have to emulate and emulation is never a 1:1 thing, it's usually 2:1 at best, so the fact you don't need a 7.2Ghz CPU is actually a remarkable thing.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]