Gran Turismo 3 help?
Hey guys, I've been trying hard to get Gran turismo 3 to run on my computer for a long time. It usually falls to 30 FPS when ever there is a car on screen (Like when I am buying one in career mode) and on races it falls to 30 FPS. Anyway to get it to run fast?

Specs:
Processor:Intel® Core™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
Video Card: Intel® HD Graphics 5500
Memory6.1 GB

If i missed another spec let me know, sorry I am not entirely sure what all I need to post

Sponsored links

Your cpu might be too weak to handle this game.

What are EE%, GS%, VU% values during slowdowns?
Have you played with speedhacks?
(08-28-2015, 11:04 AM)willkuer Wrote: Your cpu might be too weak to handle this game.

What are EE%, GS%, VU% values during slowdowns?
Have you played with speedhacks?
EE:50%
GS:39%-50%
VU wasn't listed.
EE Cycle: 2
VU Cycle:3
Can you please remove both slider speedhacks and report fps and so on again?

If you are currently upscaling the internal resolution in gsdx plugin settings can you please check what happens with above mentioned values if you increase/decrease internal resolution? If you haven't upscaled so far please test what happens if you upscale.
(08-28-2015, 11:35 PM)willkuer Wrote: Can you please remove both slider speedhacks and report fps and so on again?

If you are currently upscaling the internal resolution in gsdx plugin settings can you please check what happens with above mentioned values if you increase/decrease internal resolution? If you haven't upscaled so far please test what happens if you upscale.

***** that worked out really well! I dropped the scale to about 640x480 and I started getting about 50 FPS with cars on the screen!

The only other thing I have a problem with is the tracks that require software mode I get about 30 FPS and Night tracks as well (Although I doubt there is nothing I can do about that.)

Any way to increase speed?
You are bottlenecked by your gpu. So you have two options: Use lower internal resolutions (overall pixelerated graphics) or using skipdraw hack (remove effects) to increase speed. The emulation settings speedhacks probably don't help much. In any case I would not suggest to combine EE cycle rate hack and VU cycle stealing or, if at all, only using small values.

For sw mode you should use 2-3 extra rendering threads (check which yields better results).