Gran Turismo 3 sound modding?
Would anyone know how to go about that?

Playing them through PSound (or was it PSplay?) just gives me a random snippet of the music in the end credits.

Would it ever be possible to sound mod or sound rip from GT3?

Sponsored links

(03-04-2015, 06:57 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: Would anyone know how to go about that?

Playing them through PSound (or was it PSplay?) just gives me a random snippet of the music in the end credits.

Would it ever be possible to sound mod or sound rip from GT3?

You could maybe search for the BGMs in the ISO file. Or just record with PCSX2's inbuilt recorder. Or just maybe they are on the internet somewhere since the music for the GT series is the coolest ever.
(03-04-2015, 09:28 PM)GAFerreira13 Wrote: You could maybe search for the BGMs in the ISO file. Or just record with PCSX2's inbuilt recorder. Or just maybe they are on the internet somewhere since the music for the GT series is the coolest ever.

I know where the actual music files are, I just don't know what kind of format Polyphony Digital decided to encode the files.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
What happens if you open them with a hex viewer? Maybe you can read something from the first lines?
(03-04-2015, 10:23 PM)willkuer Wrote: What happens if you open them with a hex viewer? Maybe you can read something from the first lines?

I should've mentioned this earlier; I really don't have much experience with hex editing except with making corrupt ISOs.
I'll learn soon enough.
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]

what would ;e; do
The file header is written within the first 10 to 20 bytes or something like that... maybe this can give you a hint...
Maybe there is a general audio interpreter for all kinds of input but I would guess it will be hard to find something like that....
Actually some people know how different files appear in hex editors but I surely don't belong to them...
(03-04-2015, 10:32 PM)willkuer Wrote: The file header is written within the first 10 to 20 bytes or something like that... maybe this can give you a hint...
Maybe there is a general audio interpreter for all kinds of input but I would guess it will be hard to find something like that....
Actually some people know how different files appear in hex editors but I surely don't belong to them...

To another forum, away!

No really, doesn't Goldwave allow random playing of any file?

what would ;e; do
You will hopefully tell me after you tried...