Gran Turismo 4 Crashing
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and i'm new to PS2 emulation so please be patient with me! Smile Thanks!

I have a few problems with playing Gran Turismo 4 on PCSX2...

It hangs a bit sometimes, the graphics are rather pixelized (GT2 style) & the screen shakes quite a bit.

But...the biggest problem of them all by a mile is when i race in either of the Capri Rally races. It either crashes as the race starts, or else it lets me finish the race and collect the credits but then it crashes to windows once i quit the replay...obviously nothing is saved and my time has been wasted... Sad

My rig setup is:

Mobo: ASUS P6T
CPU: Core i7 920 C0 @ 2.67Ghz
RAM: 6 x 2GB 1333Mhz RAM modules (12GB in all)
VGA: BFG GeForce 8600GT PCI-e 256MB
PSU: Enermax Infinity 650W

The rig should be overkill for this since i can play Fifa 11 on full graphics flawlessly. GT4 is old now and should be that power hungry

Which PSCX2 should i use? What settings? Is there any full package that i can download and just run the ISO? I have both the GT4 PAL and the GT4 NTSC ISO's. What bios should i use?

I'm really upset as i love this game!

Please.... I really need you help guys!

Thanks in advance!

Laugh

Sponsored links

in software mode it takes ages to start and the gameplay is super slow!
bios you should use : the one coming from your PS2
which pcsx2 version : latest stable (0.9.8)

now keep in mind 2.67 ghz will be quite weak for GT4, as it requires something like 3.5-4.0 ghz to run @ playable speeds.
Quote:The rig should be overkill for this since i can play Fifa 11 on full graphics flawlessly
both Are different games (didnt know FIFA 11 could run flawlessly under pcsx2, though..)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-05-2011, 01:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: bios you should use : the one coming from your PS2
which pcsx2 version : latest stable (0.9.8)

now keep in mind 2.67 ghz will be quite weak for GT4, as it requires something like 3.5-4.0 ghz to run @ playable speeds.
both Are different games (didnt know FIFA 11 could run flawlessly under pcsx2, though..)

ok u got a point there mate Wink fifa 11 on PC...

btw im running Win 7 64bit

ive just overclocked my CPU to 3.6GHz... temps are idle at about 42 C.

gonna give it a try

which version and plugins and bios should i use please?
(05-05-2011, 02:04 PM)lingliz Wrote: ok u got a point there mate Wink fifa 11 on PC...

btw im running Win 7 64bit

ive just overclocked my CPU to 3.6GHz... temps are idle at about 42 C.

gonna give it a try

which version and plugins and bios should i use please?

i dont have a PS2, well i used to but i sold it...
if you don't have a ps2, then you are using its bios illegally.

read the forum rules, please.

warned & closed
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go