Gran Turismo 4 FPS issues (while racing)
(10-24-2015, 09:36 AM)willkuer Wrote: Please dont max ee cycle rate hack. Just increase it slowly. If clamping doesnt help it is better to revert it.

Is still you ee reading close to 100 or is it already the gs reading?

I already reverted it back. Currently I have the MTVU and Nvidia hack enabled. Getting 55 FPS on average. I feel like it is really close to getting a consistent number. Perhaps OpenGL could render it better? I have did this for my PC games in the past and had great results. Problem is, whenever I select it the emulator just crashes.

Sponsored links

(10-24-2015, 07:17 PM)Saiki Wrote: I would recommend you try my settings in my sig for 1.2.1, GSdx at least. If not using a higher pcsx2 Git revision where those settings will break, but you might also get some performance increase from going to a newer git as well

I am currently running the most updated Git revision I think. For some reason, I barely notice any difference with most settings. When using DirectX11 software to hardware I notice quite a bit of difference. Hardware is the best performance. Weather I use it with my Intel HD 4000 or my Nvidia 650 2gb. The graphic card itself has almost no effect to it. Also, is there a way I can use both cards? That could help I think.
No that wouldnt help. At least not using current implementations of pcsx2. You are cpu bottlenecked as pcsx2 is quite cpu heavy. You gpu is bored in the meantime.

I would suggest setting synchronization mode to async mix instead of timestretch in spu2-x plugin configuration to reduce the sound stuttering during slowdowns.
You can also increase vu cycle stealing by one. But never increase ee cycle rate and vu cycle stealing both by a lot or even max them out. If you use both you should probably have one of them at the lowest nondefault value.
How do I set the synchronization mode to async mix? And how do I increase the VU cycle stealing by one? I don't see where to do that.
Your top menu contains an item like configuration or settings. Open it to find all configurations. Async mix you find in spu-> plugin configuration, speedhacks you find in emulation settings (on the last tabpage)
It worked! The game is playable! Getting 58 FPS consistently! Thank you for your help! Along with all the other fixes I set SPU2-X mixing settings to 2 and Async mix. Finally able to play a game that I missed so much! Thank you thank you thank you!!!