Gran Turismo 4 Force Feedback on Nightly issue*
Hello everyone Smile

New to the community here, I have recently got a Fanatec DD hooked up to the nightly build running GT4, My issue is I randomly loose all Force Feedback when driving, has anyone else experienced this? I have tried everything i.e. compatibility mode, changing settings in Fanatec software etc, I know the wheel is fine as I use it for modern games without issue, I can still drive on the game and it feels amazing but the sudden loss in Force Feedback is just so odd, is this a known issue with the current build?

Would greatly appreciate any advice & tips.

Many thanks
Thomas

Sponsored links

Honestly, I was never able to get force feedback working in the Qt builds. I am using G29. Not to mention, a force feedback bind setting is another mystery for myself.
Yes, unfortunately wheel support is very spotty in any game when it comes to the nightly builds -- your experience will vary greatly from game to game, wheel-emu-to-wheel-emu (Driving Force, Driving Force GT, GT Force, etc) I recall hearing the reason being that the author of the original wheel support plugin, which stemmed from general USB function emulation, simply doesn't have a wheel to test it on, so there's no way for them to actually rectify these issues.

I suppose there could be a crowd-fund setup for it, but given that I'm not sure who actually wrote the plugin, or if they're even still active in the scene or alive at all, and the general mess of logistics it would be to actually get enough people interested in such an endeavour, which is certainly beyond ultra-niche, it's probably a foregone conclusion that it'll remain in this state for the foreseeable future.
(10-15-2023, 08:54 PM)NarooN Wrote: Yes, unfortunately wheel support is very spotty in any game when it comes to the nightly builds -- your experience will vary greatly from game to game, wheel-emu-to-wheel-emu (Driving Force, Driving Force GT, GT Force, etc) I recall hearing the reason being that the author of the original wheel support plugin, which stemmed from general USB function emulation, simply doesn't have a wheel to test it on, so there's no way for them to actually rectify these issues.

I suppose there could be a crowd-fund setup for it, but given that I'm not sure who actually wrote the plugin, or if they're even still active in the scene or alive at all, and the general mess of logistics it would be to actually get enough people interested in such an endeavour, which is certainly beyond ultra-niche, it's probably a foregone conclusion that it'll remain in this state for the foreseeable future.

Hello,

Thanks for the replys guys, I was speaking with a member on reddit about this, we exchanged solutions but it just kept happening, oddly when I updated the emulator 2 days ago it seemed to have fixed it as I had zero issues but that could just be pot luck, Id be happy to fund it but your rights it's super niche , it's a shame as GT4 feels awesome on a DD & probably any wheel for that matter, I just hope there is a fix some point down the line.
(10-12-2023, 08:33 PM)Agrippa Wrote: Honestly, I was never able to get force feedback working in the Qt builds. I am using G29. Not to mention, a force feedback bind setting is another mystery for myself.

I am using G29 too. Use the lastest PCSX2, the feedback is working.

And I wonder know if you are using the H-shifter and clutch. There is no where to set these.
So I have set up a G29 successfully. You need to press any wheel button in the force feedback bind setting to make it working. I do not understand it at all, as it does bind a peripheral, not a specific button. Next, you have to set "Driving Force Pro (rev11.02)", because the "Driving Force Pro" setting does not detect haptic. And the last, but not least, I am using a SDL input source (raw input unchecked). As a result, the force feedback is working in the Gran Turismo 4.
Hey all, just wondering if anyone found a solution to this issue?

I too have a Fanatec CSW Wheel, and got it working in latest nightly qt build. While the FF works it feels pretty good considering, but when it stops it feels horrible, and often will end with spinning out or crashing.

I know it's niche of a niche, but thought I'd ask Smile

Cheers,
Bully.
I am having the same issue with my Fanatec CSL DD, I've tried every combination of controller settings in PCSX2, tried adjusting FFB settings in game, they all lose force feedback for a few seconds every minute or two. The really annoying thing is that it's just Gran Turismo 4 that has the issue, Enthusia Professional Racing works flawlessly for my setup. I've tried a regular NTSC Gran Turismo 4 iso, and also the online test iso, and they both have the exact same bug. I tried opening a bug report for this in github but it was closed immediately and I was pretty much told to figure it out on my own.