Gran Turismo 4 - Fps drops.
Hello. I am using pcsx2 1.6.0 and ntsc version of Gran Turismo 4 on my laptop.
Specs:
i3 3120m (2/4)
gt635m 2gb
6gb ddr3 ram
win7

OpenGL rendering.

I am experiencing this problem - the game runs fine at 60fps at 720p, but after a couple of minutes of playing, the fps drops to 40. No throttling occurs.
However, if I minimize pcsx for a second, open the emulator settings, and return to the game again, I will get 60fps for a while. And so every time.

Please tell me how can I get stable 50-60 fps?
Reducing the resolution to standard does not help. I tried many different settings.
The actual ones are below.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

What does your task manager performance graphs look like for CPU while you're playing?
I don't recall if you can get GPU load from Task Manager in windows 7, but you can use GPUInfo to get card stats like temperature. I recall GT4 being an utter hog on resources and my gut feeling is your laptop is a little underpowered. My suspicion here is by minimizing the game you're letting something internally a few seconds of relief, be that your graphics card clearing out memory buffers or some other IO thing that isn't keeping up with the 60 fps performance and slowly falling behind as you play.
(06-13-2021, 10:56 PM)MrWizard Wrote: What does your task manager performance graphs look like for CPU while you're playing?
I don't recall if you can get GPU load from Task Manager in windows 7, but you can use GPUInfo to get card stats like temperature. I recall GT4 being an utter hog on resources and my gut feeling is your laptop is a little underpowered. My suspicion here is by minimizing the game you're letting something internally a few seconds of relief, be that your graphics card clearing out memory buffers or some other IO thing that isn't keeping up with the 60 fps performance and slowly falling behind as you play.

I will send screenshots when I am at home, in just a few days. Thanks for the answer, I want to understand the reasons.