Gran Turismo 4 Issues with loading
The software renderers put a lot of pressure on the CPU, but do support multithreading fairly well. Depending on how many hardware threads you have, you can change the number of rendering threads to match, ideally subtract two to account for PCSX2's main threads, one if you have MTVU enabled, and another one just to be nice and let your OS have a hardware thread to use for itself. If you don't have that many threads to spare, then generally it's best to leave it at 2 and deal with it. Night tracks in Gran Turismo 4 will, no matter what you do, always demand a LOT more on the graphics side. That's just how they made them run in the game, so I'm not sure what else to tell you other than play with the threading settings in software mode or try a hardware renderer if you have a decent GPU.

Sponsored links

I really don't mind the slow speed as I'm used to it. But then what I found out about the round mode is really a bug for this particular game?
Also, CK1, I somewhat tried the build that was compiled today. I cannot get cheats to work, however.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
The rounding mode isn't a "bug", it's just that the Chop/Zero mode works properly, the others don't. The PS2's floating point handling is not IEEE compliant, and so trying to do non IEEE floating point math on a IEEE floating point compliant CPU is a bit more complicated. Hence the four different varieties of clamping and rounding, and depending on the game and how critical said floating point accuracy is, changing the setting can be harmless, or incredibly destructive.

Not a bug, it's expected to break things if you hit them with a hammer.