Gran Turismo 4 License Test Ghosts Bugged (?)
Hey all,

I've been playing GT4, and everything has been running smooth for the most part. However, when it comes to license tests, I've had one major issue: The ghosts don't drive. I can see them, bu they act the same as if they are receiving no input. If the test begins at a stop, they don't move. If it has a rolling start, they just cruise until they stop or run into a wall. I am awre of the license tests crash glitch, and my current PCSX2 settings are for preventing that. I don't know how to fix this, or if there is a fix, but I would appreciate your help!

IDK what info you all will need, so here are my PCSX2 settings and PC build:

PCSX2:
EE/IOP
EmotionEngine: REcompiler
IOP: Recompiler
Round Mode: Chop/Zero
Clamping Mode: Normal

VUs
VU0: microVU Recompiler
VU1: microVU Recompiler
Round Mode: Chop/Zero
Clamping Mode: Normal

Frame Skipping Disabled
Framelimiting Enabled

16:9 Aspect Ratio

Speedhacks Enabled:
EE Cyclerate: 0
VU Cycle Stealing: 0
INTC Spin Detection
Wait Loop Detection
mVU Flag HAck
MTVU

No Game Fixes Enabled

PC:
Acer Predator G3-571
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU (2.80 GHz)
16.0 GB RAM
Intel ® HD Graphics 630
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Let me know if there's some info you need that's not above
Thank you in advance!

Sponsored links

This is a known issue and it's also a coin flip.

Normal races in GT4 require EE Clamping on Full and VU Clamping on Extra + Preserve Sign. Not doing so will cause some visual oddities like text not disappearing when it should, some icons will also be cut off and not appear correctly, and as you have seen, ghosts will not work.

However, license tests require both of these to be Normal. Not doing so will cause certain license tests to suddenly crash the game.

So, you can try adjusting the clamping modes if you need ghost replays, however know that doing so may make the game crash.
(05-14-2020, 04:36 AM)pandubz Wrote: This is a known issue and it's also a coin flip.

Normal races in GT4 require EE Clamping on Full and VU Clamping on Extra + Preserve Sign. Not doing so will cause some visual oddities like text not disappearing when it should, some icons will also be cut off and not appear correctly, and as you have seen, ghosts will not work.

However, license tests require both of these to be Normal. Not doing so will cause certain license tests to suddenly crash the game.

So, you can try adjusting the clamping modes if you need ghost replays, however know that doing so may make the game crash.
Thank you. I knew those things had to be changed for the game to run properly in races, and the other way for licenses to not crash, but I didnt know it also caused the ghost issues. Learn something new everyday.