Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC) is playable. [HOWTO] Best config to enjoy it.
(03-15-2009, 03:54 AM)rex1825 Wrote: Hi, I recently Captured this one on my rig, I wonder why there are sam FPS glitches, & it seems like there is a problem with Interlice, maybe all this is the Interlice problem?!?
Why during game (less), & during replay (often) game freezes on few seconds, but only when bunch of cars are around?!?

& during menu's, there are no background videos, & it looks all messy there, how to fix this?

Any suggestions? Tnx in advance...

Settings:
Winodws XP SP3 Pro
Mobo driver retail
Catalyst 9.2
Sound Driver kX v3541

- Pcsx2 svn r783

- GSdx 890 0.1.14 SSE2
D3D9 HW, PS3.0, Blendtff, 16:9, Native, Nloop Hack, Testure filtering, Log Z, FBA

- SPU2-X 1.1.0
Linear, DirectSound

- SSSPSX PAD Plugin Presure Mod 1.7.0
Real PSX Dual Shock Controller over LPT using psxp a020606c driver

- Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
Using GT4 PAL Multi DVD iso ( SCES 51719 )

- Bios EU v2.00

- Cpu Config
EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, MTGS, Frame Skip (52, 48, 1, 1)
- Speed Hacks
x3 Cycle Rate, INTC Sync Hack, IOP x2 Cycle Rate, WaitCycles Sync Hack
- Advanced Options
all default, EE Recs Options set on Extra + Preserve Sign, VU Recs Options set on Extra + Preserve Sign

Got 60-95% speed, most of the time on 75%

Here is a Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFmvFnOIwCo

Cheers...

Congratulations, you've cumulated all the things not to do for this game Wink
It's normal you have so much flickering and FPS issues, I've put in bold the options that cause your problems in your post.

- Don't use X3 EE speedhack but X2, use FPS limit (50 FPS limit because you have a PAL version) instead of Frame Skip I tried and that was unplayable, don't use Nloop hack it's no use here (or keep it in grey). Also I'm not sure but I think I've tried 16:9 mode before in GSdx too and I had problems, try to put it back to 4:3.

That's not an interlace problem, just change the things I've told you and try again Wink
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Sponsored links

(03-15-2009, 12:44 AM)Wohlrajh Wrote:
(03-14-2009, 11:32 PM)Jules Wrote: I had originally only set EE recs options clamp mode to Extra+Preserve sign and that cleared up the menus. I went back and changed VU recs clamp mode to Extra and the textures in the road went away.

Well I don't know if we are talking of the same thing so I posted a screenshot of the bug I encounter. In fact the dark textures on the road disappear when I'm going above them. We can notice that in the screenshot the texture in front of my car is kinda cut.

I've tested with EE clamp mode to Extra+Preserve Sign & VU clamp mode to Extra but I still have this bug. Could you post some screenshots of your emu config please ? To see if I have it all right or not (GSdx plugin, speedhacks, advanced options..) Or if anyone else knows about this bug (that I encounter in other games, some textures in the floor disappearing..) I would like to know if I can fix this or not. Thanks Wink

My bug was different than that. I was getting textures of the guardrails across the road. Like I was going to run into them. It made it difficult to drive.
hi. can someone help me. i have NTSC verzion of GT 4. my problem is with some tracks, like nurburgrung, in first corner the picture disapear and ol i can see is some textures and i can only past that corner if i look back, and that is not a good option, is there any patch or something for this?
I have C2D E6550 2.55mhz
Geforce 8600GT 256mb
3gb ram
in options i have tried evrithing for the speedups and without, in gfx lovering internal res, and native, and nothing...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Are you using the latest releases of pcsx2 and the which gfx plugin are you using?

Under advanced settings the two settings marked "clamp mode" cleared up some gfx glitches for me. Give that a try. We have similar gfx cards so that might help.
Hi, any idea why 480p mode isnt working for me? When i chose it i give OK then i see the difference (no interlacing problems). After that I chose ok again, it seems good for 1 sec then a flash and it goes back to normal mode.

Ofc im using the NTSC version, newest plugins and pcsx2 too.
(sorry for my bad english and help plz)
it's just normal, make sure you leave the option menu through the green icon. then go into a race it should display 480p. It doesn't save it so you have to do it every time you use normal loading. use save states to avoid that pressing F1 when you are done playing and F3 when you load the game.
I see, its working now. But i still cant do the licences. I tried with zeroGS too.
I found the problem, the game returned to normal and not to 480 progresive so that was the problem... And is there any way to configure the brightness for gsdx plugin because the game is dark, and with zeroGS plugin game looks normal but it's not working so good...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And is there any way to configure the brightness for gsdx plugin because the game is dark - i have this problem tooo. and i asked here to help...but nobody help me :E
ั‡ะตั€ั‚.
i use third party software like ati tool to ajust gamma