Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC) is playable. [HOWTO] Best config to enjoy it.
create your own thread, please
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

I still get garbage on Photo Mode even with all settings provided. Everything else in the game works fine, and runs fast.

My specs:

Athlon FX QuadCore 3.6GHz
4GB RAM DDR3
500GB SATA HDD
nVidia GeForce GTX 440 1GB
Win7 Ultimate 64bit
PCSX2 0.9.7/0.9.8 (works on both but tends to run slightly faster on 0.9.7)

EDIT: By garbage I mean those weird things that appeared during A-Spec mode before I set the brightness to 0.
my problem playing this game is:
-very slow when selecting a cars.
-stuck when tried to start license.

i use macbook pro 13 2011. Anybody know how to fix this?
(06-26-2012, 05:09 PM)adnanomatic Wrote: my problem playing this game is:
-very slow when selecting a cars.
-stuck when tried to start license.

i use macbook pro 13 2011. Anybody know how to fix this?

create your own thread.
this thread is about config on windows
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hey all,

I recently installed PCSX2 and while having some sucess with other games, I am still struggling with GT4.

I have tried to suggestions here and from a number of other posts, however, I am getting stuck at the initial loading screen. That is, the game starts, I make a name and a save file, then the screen goes black for a while and eventually I get the GT logo and spinning loading symbol.

I have speedhacks disabled at the moment. I have included an image of the plugins I currently have selected below.

Additionally, concerning the patch that can be used to skip the intro video. Im not sure if it would help me, but I tried to use it - however, am not exactly sure where it goes. Ive seen a 'patch' folder mentioned, however, no such folder exists in my PCSX2 directory. I noticed there was a .pnatch file in the 'cheats' folder, so I put it in there, but it appeared to have no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I'm I using version 0.9.8 of PCSX2.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You should post your PCSX2 version too.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Sorry for neglecting that. I'm on version 0.9.8
Hopefully someday this game will be perfectly playable :| i love Gran Turismo 3-4 So much... Would be nice to play it in PCSX2 emulator in HD sort of graphics.
Game is already perfectly playable... At least for couple of months.Of course with proper cpu,in my case [email protected] solid 60fps all the time, as long as GPU can handle internal resolution that you were boost, CPU is enough, no more then 80% load of any of the cores. No gameplay issue at all, no graphics problems, you can boost good int res-even my old 8800gts can handle x2.3 int res, and with some powerfull videocard with at least 1gb video memory ,you can set int res x3 with no problem. FXAA added in latest 1.0.0 version also helps a lot.

The only problems are:
- in Photo Mode, you must use Software Mode. (not needed for watching pictures later,only for capturing them)
- default pre-recorded Demo videos cant run.
- cant save Replays in Licences mode because it says that are 1gb big and memory card is too little.
- 1080i mode still does not work but its not a surprise,it was never worked with GSDX plugin.

When use 480p mode,colors are little grayed,but Color Adjustments in Shader Boos in GSdx fix that alot.

These are the only problems with latest emu,as you can see they are minor problem which does not effect gameplay at all. I am at 40% so far and i have no doubts that there will be no more problems from these above.
(08-13-2012, 11:28 AM)mroussev Wrote: Game is already perfectly playable... At least for couple of months.

[...]
These are the only problems with latest emu,as you can see they are minor problem which does not effect gameplay at all. I am at 40% so far and i have no doubts that there will be no more problems from these above.

What settings have you altered from the standard installation?