Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC) is playable. [HOWTO] Best config to enjoy it.
(03-13-2009, 08:37 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote: Well in case some people doubted about it, maybe even the devs, I've just "finished" GT4 (NTSC version). I use quotes because I'm not done with the game yet, but I finished the main path in GT4 Gran Turismo mode.

could you please take an screenshot of your settings?
when i use EE cyclerate nad vu cycle stealing the game slows down (the fps rate is ok but the timer in the game count slower i.e. it is 10 second slowe per minute versus real timer

i use pal version

specs:
cpu core i7 1.73GHz
ram: 6GB
VGA: geforce GT 425M 1GB

is any difference in pal and ntsc versions in performance?

Sponsored links

I follow the guide but I still have 2 issues.

1. it always crashes in IA license test. It is stuck on loading screen and it crashes.
tried software mode and zero chop? as in guide, but

2. I still get in game times wth messed up graphics and time not showing up.

besides that the game actually runs perfect at 1080p and looks great.
What will be the best configuration to play GT4 on my system with specs:

Intel Core i3-2100 3.10GHz
Memory 4GB
And my video is Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB

Or will i even be able to run the game at an reasonable speed ?
(04-11-2013, 11:43 PM)deadlyjoaquin Wrote: In order to get the best possible picture quality for Gran Turismo 4, i have created a special shader for it. You can find instructions on this thread.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Gran-Turi...-ever-2013

Cool
Hello everyone, sorry if I write things already and asked for the bad english but I'm Italian and I'm using an automatic translator.
I'm trying the latest version of PSx2 with gt4, but in some trials or races shall be slowed down. My setup is: cpu i5-2500, 4 gig ram ddr3 1600 video card amd radeon hd 6670 win 7 pro 64 bit.
Could you help me to configure the emulator? thank you very much
(06-04-2013, 05:01 PM)kiai969 Wrote: Hello everyone, sorry if I write things already and asked for the bad english but I'm Italian and I'm using an automatic translator.
I'm trying the latest version of PSx2 with gt4, but in some trials or races shall be slowed down. My setup is: cpu i5-2500, 4 gig ram ddr3 1600 video card amd radeon hd 6670 win 7 pro 64 bit.
Could you help me to configure the emulator? thank you very much

I think you 6670 is weak for playing in high settings ¿what resolution have you put in GSDX plugin?
I got a problem with wheels:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=k7q4l&s=5

anybody know how to fix this? I got PAL version.

My PC:

Core i3-3220 3.30GHz,
4GB RAM
Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Windows 7 64 Bit.

Everything on standard settings besides multicore speedhack and Full Clamp mode.
(06-14-2013, 12:05 AM)Vermilleno Wrote: I got a problem with wheels:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=k7q4l&s=5

Here's what worked for me (I'm using GSdx 5334, D3D 11 HW) :
- Config->Video->Plugin Settings->Enable HW Hacks
- Hardware Mode settings box->Click the "Configure Button"
- Hacks Configuration window opens, check Half-pixel Offset, check Sprite->OK->OK

Hope it works for you too
OK I have been searching everywhere and trying everything but I cannot get it to stop crashing on the licences!!!
I7 2.8ghz
16gb ram
Radeon 7950
My pc should be fine and races work fine and smooth but the god damn licences after the first 2 crash every time no matter what. The right part of the text disapeeres and then it crashes a second or 2 later. SUPER FRUSTRATING!!! I need my GT fix since I don't have ps3 and gt6 is out LOL.
Well after discovering this amazing program and then discovering I can maybe play GT4 on my PC I get all emotional so first THANKS!

Second I am running

NTSC version
I have tried both 1.0.0 bios and am on 2.20 at the moment

asus k53sv
nvidia GT 540m 1GB
i7-2670QM @ 2.2Ghz
8GB RAM

I have been reading this forum and it seems that my cpu is not fast enough... The only thing I wonder is that it really is the sun that is messing up my races mostly the nurb, can I turn it off?

Seriously though I know I can't overclock my cpu so am I stuck at almost as low as 30 fps :'(

I guess it's time for a new pc!

Seriously this is amazing thanks again!