Gran Turismo 4 PAL, no fix working.
Sad 
Hi everybody, and thank you for making this software available for free!

I'll try to describe my problem:
I legally own a PS2 and Gran Turismo 4, but when I tried to play some days ago I discovered that my controller is dead. So I went looking for a solution and discovered PCSX2, so I gave it a try. I installed everything, got the BIOS (not from my PS2, since I believe that a working controller is required to dump the files, but please correct me if I'm wrong) and created a ISO file from my GT4 DVD (since my laptop has no CD/DVD tray). I managed to get to the fist credit screen, but then it hangs forever. I've searched the web looking for a solution and I tried the "skip videos" and "skip intro movie" patches. I downloaded the .pnach files, installed correctly (or at least, so I believe. In the PCSX2 console they appear to be correctly loaded) but nothing worked, so I'm stuck. Please note that Gran Turismo is the PAL version, I'm from Italy Smile

My computer is a Lenovo S540 Laptop with a I7 CPU, 8GB RAM and AMD Radeon HD 8670M graphic card. Not the best gaming rig, I know, but now it's a matter of principle Tongue I'll try to have it work on my gaming desktop as soon as I get home from holidays, but I would like to solve the problem on the laptop.

Have you got any suggestions? Is there anything you need to know? I'm completely stuck, I have no past experience with emulators Huh

Thank you!

Sponsored links

My suggestion is to read the forum rules

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Announcement-Global-Forum-Rules
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Is the fact the I didn't dump the BIOS myself the problem? I'm sorry about that, If you confirm me that the dump operation can be performed without controller I will perform it. But, as I stated before, I legally own a PS2, and I can prove it if required Smile
YOu have to dump the bios from your ps2 and yes it requires a controller
So, if my controller is dead, how am I supposed to do that operation? I mean, I understand the legal issues, I don't want to cause no truble, but it is impossibile from me to get my BIOS, even if I legally own it. What is the solution then?
buy a new controller
Maybe you can ask somebody around with a ps2 controller.

Unfortunately there is no support if you don't use your own bios. Even if it is ridiculous it is necessary to block support to avoid legal issues.
This whole emulation idea is in some gray-ish area and the developers and supporters want to avoid any problems.
I understand the legal issues, but I believe this is a bit exaggerated. I mean, I just wanted to play my old games a couple of times during the holidays, and now I either have to buy a new PS2 controller, or ask someone to give me one? I know it's not your fault, these are the rules, but I believe that a more positive approach would be better., rather than a "buy a new controller" one.

Thank you for you answers.
Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go