Gran Turismo 4 Save data corrupted (I'm really not trying to do licenses again)
As the title implies, someone (possibly me!) was a little too eager eating the escape key twice. So now I booted up my beloved GT4 and was greeted with a lovely "Nice one dipshit, you corrupted your save." I didn't do anything past that, so I'm hoping there are still recovery options available. I couldn't find anything on google.

I was not using save states. Just saving like I would normally on a real PS2

Sponsored links

If the data on the card is corrupted and not backed up, there is little you can do. Your best shot would be to use MyMCPlus to try and extract the save off the memcard, if it is even possible with the corruption done to it, reformat the memcard and try to insert it back again. If that doesn't do anything, I hate to say your save file is toast.
Worked through all of that, moment of truth...

I'll take that as your save file is toast. If you really don't want to have to redo the license tests, Google for some GT4 save files. Gamespot's GameFAQs subdomain has, among their piles of guides and information on games, pages where people have uploaded their save files for games. Perfectly legal to use these; download one with the license tests completed, and the same MyMCPlus program can import it into your memcard. Just make sure whichever file you choose is for the correct region (should match the region of your game), and there shouldn't be any problems there.
(10-12-2019, 12:22 AM)R26B_REW Wrote: As the title implies, someone (possibly me!) was a little too eager eating the escape key twice. So now I booted up my beloved GT4 and was greeted with a lovely "Nice one dipshit, you corrupted your save." I didn't do anything past that, so I'm hoping there are still recovery options available. I couldn't find anything on google.

I was not using save states. Just saving like I would normally on a real PS2
I have tha solution man, my saves corrupt by changing de EE and VUs option. So , I return the EE and VUs options to the same moment to the save was, and the save turns normals again! (sorry I dont speak english)  Biggrin Biggrin Try this and check if your mem card back to the normal! (I read in another post and works for me!)
I know your pain man, it happened to me, GT4 is a real strange game when you see how it manage the mem save, if you use save states, it can easily corrupt it too, i suggest for you to use code breaker for the license tests.