Gran Turismo 4 crash in OpenGL Mode.
(04-27-2016, 06:52 AM)tabnk Wrote: DirectX or OpenGL ?

OpenGL

Sponsored links

@CK1

Just to be sure, are you using the latest development build ( current master branch ) ?
Does this help GT4 ?

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/04...64b1bc5072

Edited
Tried but no any effect
No. GT4 uses a different effect. Which feels much more complex. Even this commit doesn't handle the variation of the same effect. But it is a very nice improvement.
Look like fix progress nicely for various game ...... soon for GT4
(04-27-2016, 02:49 PM)gregory Wrote: Anyway, I'm currently searching some solution to emulate the left-corner post-processing effect properly (except if the game uses another post-processing effect). It would normally fix the rendering and the RAM/VRAM spike on various games. But you need to be patient, it isn't an easy task.

Honestly I love the new Git releases and I expected this to take longer. No more vram spikes , no freezes , no glitchy screen like in the screenshots I posted before , changing the ingame brightness and contrast doesn't glitch the screen either (only issue is that brightness and contrast doesn't actually change ingame) , photo mode also works.

This is the only glitch issue I found. For less than a half a second (when the camera angle changes but not always) the screen glitches only in Replay mode. It's not a major issue since the game doesn't freeze up or anything and the vram usage is normal now.

[Image: NSTwpj2.png]

Edit: after some more testing it appears that the vram spikes are still present just not as bad as before. The screen also managed to glitch again but not on the same level as before. This time happens when you start the race and it doesn't always occur.

[Image: dAEbpc0.png]
TBH, the impact on GT4 was an unexpected side effect of the recent udpates. However it means the brightness/constrast are handled in a similar fashion as others games. Current implementation is a kind of HLE implementation, very efficient but it must detect the effect properly. So it need tuning for several games. So I guess is partially detected for bightness/constrast (or there is a bug in my implementation). However at least one effect is likely not properly detected (or could be another one) so you still have VRAM skipe.
@lightningterror
Could you retest latest git to check if brightness/contrast are working as expected. I fixed a bad interaction with accurate blending unlikely to fix it but worth a test.
(05-03-2016, 08:51 AM)gregory Wrote: @lightningterror
Could you retest latest git to check if brightness/contrast are working as expected. I fixed a bad interaction with accurate blending unlikely to fix it but worth a test.

I just tested and no results. Doesn't work.
A new version will be available soon. brightness/contrast will work (note you need CRC level on partial)