Gran Turismo 4 crash in OpenGL Mode.
Edited: Found the issue. It is GT4 ram spike more than 2GB which is above my GPU 2GB ram. OpenGL mode consume more than DirectX. 

I'm tried in DirectX 11 and everything was ok but when I'm changed to OpenGL it will crash during in games. Anyone encounter this before?

PC spec:

Windows 10
Intel i5 Haswell
GTX 960
8 GB of RAM

Config:

Sponsored links

Does it crash at the start of a race or elsewhere?
Opengl doesn't handle memory allocation properly. When gpu memory is full the game crash. Use a smaller upscaling.
in old days GT 4 had crash issue unless "progressive scaling 480p" was selected under options.it might still be same thing with ogl now?
3x native is not much though while 2gb rather sound confident. Maybe the ogl settings affect the ram usage? Tried disabling depth and reducing blending accuracy?
Yes good point depth can explain some extra memory requirement. Otherwise trust me 3x can kill a 2GB gpu on some situation. Due to gsdx bug we might creates various useless framebuffer. At 3x a fb is 9x1024x1280x4 MB (depth is 2 time bigger), so around 40~50MB. It is fine we have only a couple of them but the number can quickly increase. (Even at 2x actually)
(04-23-2016, 02:11 PM)IcemanSR Wrote: in old days GT 4 had crash issue unless "progressive scaling 480p" was selected under options.it might still be same thing with ogl now?

Yes, it enabled
Issues resolved by using custom resolution but it is very unusually.

Let me explain ...

In OpenGL mode If pcsx2 use the default 3xnative from the drop down menu it will crash the pcsx2 during in game.

BUT when use pcsx2 custom resolution of 3x or even 3.5x native it didn't crash at all.

Anyone can explain ?
Which custom resolution did you use?

The most obvious explanation would be that some effects are not properly emulated using custom resolution but I don't know.

Have you tried ogl with higher crc level (as full or aggressive)
Custom resolution reduce the size of the buffer so it requires less memory. But game might draw outside of it.