Gran Turismo 4 crashes at race start
Hi everyone.

First, I did searched the forum and found nothing that could help me.

Second, I have been able to start a race when I had an old generation Sempron 3000+, except that the FPS was < 1 so it was unplayable.

Now, the full ordeal: The menus run at 60 FPS, although the sound glitches a little, and when something is loading and that spinning thing appears, there's a bug that looks like a long exposition photo. When I try to start a race, after the menu to choose the transmission and etc, it runs for less than a second, the graphics glitches, and then it crashes.
I tried with both GSdx and ZeroGS and they behave almost the same. I put brightness at 0, which was not needed, choose that 480p thing, both clamps at Extra+, nothing made a difference.

Now the specs:
Intel i3-2100 3.1 GHz, Sandy Bridge, 2 cores (Task Manager says 4 cores...)
Biostar H61MLC
nVidia GeForce GT220 1 GB
4 GB DDR3
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Every single piece of software up-to-date

Screenshots:
[Image: pcsx20.png]
[Image: pcsx21.png]
[Image: pcsx22.png]
[Image: pcsx23.png]
Last one's washed out because of Windows when the emulator crashed.
[Image: pcsx24.png]

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Can you check your GS plugin list, im sure there is a much much newer version than that available.

I would personally grab the latest beta too, just in case Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Use the latest GSDX. GSDX r-4600 SSE41. I use the SVN revisions for this game. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(12-13-2011, 05:48 PM)refraction Wrote: Can you check your GS plugin list, im sure there is a much much newer version than that available.

I would personally grab the latest beta too, just in case Smile

Checked PCSX2's site and it seems their beta is older than their latest official release, so I'm sticking to it. Also I couldn't find a site for the GSdx plugins, but found a thread here where it seems that I also have those up to date.
But I must have let something slip by, because I tried another version of the same GSdx, which had a 4600 in the name, and it's working! Close to 60 FPS during the race!
Thanks for your help, or I wouldn't have though of looking at the plugins again.
You get the latest version of everything by downloading the official 0.9.8 release or the current development build.
Sorry we should have mentioned its the SVN build you want, not beta Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]