Gran Turismo 4 doesnt work
Hello,

I have recently installed pcsx2 on my PC. I wanted to play Gran Turismo 4 because I Am a huge fan. But when I start the game it only shows the copyright stuff, and after that I get a black screen. Also, I have no sound.

My PC specs: AMD FX-8320 processor
AMD R9 270x graphic card

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
-My Hardware specs are: AMD FX-8320 processor (Not OC'ed)
MSI 760GA-P43 (FX) MoBo
AMD R9 270X Graphic card
8GB 1600MhZ RAM
2x500 GB HDD memory
Windows 8.1
-The version of PCSX2 I am using is 1.2.1 (r5875).
-I am using just the default setting besides the audio which is fixed now.
-I Am trying to play Gran Turismo 4 from an ISO that I just made with IMGBURN.
Tried pressing F9?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Software mode should not be required for this game.

I have read about this problem before, I think you need to mash a button when it goes black. Triangle maybe? Try them all.

Also, in config->audio->plugin settings change PortAudio to Xaudio2. Or vice versa, depending on how it's already set.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Finnaly, it works.
The game starts like old times with a little bit of lag sometimes. But if I start a race i dont see anything but some colored boxes.
What are your settings in GSdx?

Also possibly read this:

PCSX2 Wiki Wrote:Garbage all over screen in races

Happens when using color/brightness options other than 0.

Solution: To fix the super broken graphics and crashing during races set the Brightness to 0 in options.
Solution 2: In Ntsc version , change the display in game config to Normal, then you can set the brightness to 5 whithout the broken graphics, and get a clearer picture.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
YAY!!
It finally works... Thank you Blyss Sarania!