Gran Turismo 4 dvd read problems
(04-11-2013, 03:59 PM)bebuch Wrote: Ok, so i can go back to ps2 on tv... only there this game works without any problems.

Sorry, I misread the log and took those were read errors. This game, as most simulation games are naturally demanding on the original PS2 CPU and more yet on it's emulation. Besides this game was reported as having problematic emulation to make things worse.

What can be attempted is making sure the original DVD is not mounted on the physical drive or an ISO image is mounted on virtual devices. That allows you to use the internal ISO reader.

To do so the option "Iso" instead "Plugin" must be active and then navigate from the CDVD menu to the actual ISO place and select it.

Afterwards start the game using the Boot CDVD (fast) option, not the full boot.

If still getting problems, this may be due to the machine power to emulate the game or just emulation issues in it, I don't have the game and can't say for sure how it fares.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

But i tried those settings... and everytime it stops at those or other sectors. Ive got GF570 GTX, 6 GB of ram in triple channel and i7 920 oc'ed to about 4 GHz so why its still not working...?

My optical drive is new. I checked other optical drive on my pc and its not working too. Both drives ive got arent faulty cause every other cd or dvd works perfectly.

I use Need for Speed Carbor to check it (SLES-54322|PAL) and it works till loading screen. I know that... this game is not compatible yet but works better than this crap GT4 ;/

/to nosisab Ken Keleh

I used imgburn like u sad before but set up speed x4 for data,

on other speed iso is fault.

I changed plugins to iso and removed GT4 disc from optical drive and from now it's working fine. Problem was in plugin from reading CDVD from optical drive. Still not working fine i think. I'll try to dump iso from Need for Speed Carbon and try again run it but from iso. If it works to menu or maybe even will be playable i will post about it ;p .

Thanks everyone for help! Smile