Gran Turismo 4 graphical bugs (solved)
Bug 
Hi all, it's my first time posting here so sorry if I made some mistakes.

I'm running Gran Turismo 4 on PCSX2 1.4.0 and I'm experiencing a few minor graphical bugs.

Problem 1: Before and after every race I get a random flash like on the picture. The color and shape of this bug changes but I don't know what has an influence on it.
                One example is the picture with the corresponding title on imgur

Problem 2: Smoke, dust and light effects are always top layer, you can see them through everything. You'll find a picture of this on that imgur too.

Problem 3: I couldn't get a picture of this since its so random, but I've managed to take a photo of something very similar. The problem is part the road texture changing to
                gibberish for a split second. I've had it happen on Midfield Raceway and Suzuka East but I'm pretty sure other tracks are affected too. I've also had races on
                both these tracks when it didn't happen even once. When it does happen tough it seems to be always in the same corners. The photo I've included shows 
                the gibberish texture I'm talking about.

My PCSX2 settings and the photos of these bugs can be seen here: 
https://imgur.com/a/jIsStGX
(I never used imgur before so I'm just gonna attach the photos to the post as well just make sure)

I have both automatic and manual gamefixes turned off.

My pc specs are:

Intel Core i5 4590 3.30GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 760
8 GB RAM
Win 10 64-Bit

Thanks for making it possible for me to play my favourite racing using something more comfortable than a Dualshock 2 and thanks in advance for your help Smile

Sponsored links

For the following issues:
Use dev builds instead, https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
You can adjust the Window Zoom to 100.50%.
Set renderer to OpenGL and increase Blending Accuracy to High.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(01-11-2020, 04:50 PM)lightningterror Wrote: For the following issues:
Use dev builds instead, https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
You can adjust the Window Zoom to 100.50%.
Set renderer to OpenGL and increase Blending Accuracy to High.

Thank you!

Switching to the latest dev build fixed the issues, however now in certain menus (garage, car dealership, race entry, wheel shop, car select in arcade etc..) the games speed drops to 60% then starts slowly fluctuating between 65% and 110%. Any advice on this?

UPDATE: I just did some testing and the slowdown is caused by using OpenGL, since the smoke and lights still stay on top layer regardless of OpenGL or Direct3D11 I'm switching back to Direct3D. "Problem 1" is gone completely and "Problem 3" is yet show up too.

UPDATE 2: After more testing I could only get "Probl 3" to show up in coffee breaks and next to my car in a small line when the "3" shows up during countdown before the races, the latter being rare and inconsistent as well.

UPDATE 3: Excitement makes me stupid, i forgot to uncheck automatic gamefixes, now the smoke/dust problem is fixed as well. The light problem is half solved i guess since the lights arent visible all the time but are flickering instead. It doesnt bother me too much but the levels where this is really apparent (Tokyo Special Route, George V Paris) are suffering from massive lag spikes which makes them a little challenging to drive clean xD

UPDATE 4: Okay so I had some framerate issues and changed the resolution down to 2x Native, realizing that it looks pretty bad and I went back and changed it back ot my previous setting (3x Native) and now both the light issues and the framerate issues are gone. I'm very happy but also completely puzzled xD
(01-11-2020, 05:17 PM)kovipati Wrote: Thank you!

Switching to the latest dev build fixed the issues, however now in certain menus (garage, car dealership, race entry, wheel shop, car select in arcade etc..) the games speed drops to 60% then starts slowly fluctuating between 65% and 110%. Any advice on this?

UPDATE: I just did some testing and the slowdown is caused by using OpenGL, since the smoke and lights still stay on top layer regardless of OpenGL or Direct3D11 I'm switching back to Direct3D. "Problem 1" is gone completely and "Problem 3" is yet show up too.

UPDATE 2: After more testing I could only get "Probl 3" to show up in coffee breaks and next to my car in a small line when the "3" shows up during countdown before the races, the latter being rare and inconsistent as well.

UPDATE 3: Excitement makes me stupid, i forgot to uncheck automatic gamefixes, now the smoke/dust problem is fixed as well. The light problem is half solved i guess since the lights arent visible all the time but are flickering instead. It doesnt bother me too much but the levels where this is really apparent (Tokyo Special Route, George V Paris) are suffering from massive lag spikes which makes them a little challenging to drive clean xD

UPDATE 4: Okay so I had some framerate issues and changed the resolution down to 2x Native, realizing that it looks pretty bad and I went back and changed it back ot my previous setting (3x Native) and now both the light issues and the framerate issues are gone. I'm very happy but also completely puzzled xD

Sorry to post again in this old thread, but I wasn't able to find a solution anywhere. I am using PCSX2 1.6.0 and still experiencing the lighting glitch where they appear through objects. I have tried setting the renderer to OpenGL (Hardware) and Blending Accuracy to High and the issue still occurs. I have tried to tweak various other settings and there hasn't been any change. Could you possibly share your PCSX2 settings you use to correct the lighting bug? Attached is a pic of what I see.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-29-2020, 05:44 PM)wintermute93 Wrote: Sorry to post again in this old thread, but I wasn't able to find a solution anywhere.

Did you read the rules? This tread is older than 8 months. Please create a new thread, and review the rules.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/announcement-1.html
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go