Gran Turismo 4 graphics issues
Hello dear forum members,im having problems with graphics in gt4.Im using newest pcsx2 rev,well the problem is i cant change resolution ingame and im using the NTSC-U version,im using newest plugins and for gfx in using gsdx,well anything i do in gfx settings the console wont accept,for instance i put resolution 1680x1050 and it doesnt accept it even if i choose full screen mode,and when i set up d3d9 internal res to same values but i put it in windowed mode it still doesnt accept my graphics setting.When i choose 480p video mode in game options it sets 480p for few seconds and gives a clear image,but then it reverts back 640x448.Any ideas would be highly appreciated,if you are interested i can list my whole pcsx 2 configuration settings.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

The internal resolution will NOT change the window resolution,or the resolution of your monitor. It is the resolution the game will be rendered at, then outputted to whatever resolution you chose in the drop down of GSdx. So the larger the internal resolution, the better the graphics will be (like AA). To change your monitor's resolution, select it from the drop down list.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
...regarding to 480p, if you select it, & it remembers, there will be less problems during game, the NTSC-J game has this default on I think, but not sure... & it's normal that picture returns to previous state after applying 480p!
& what Bostiman said bout internal resolution, higher it is, lower will the performance of your PcSx2 be, ...try experimenting, & see when does you emulation drop fps, on my CPU, everything is OK till 1536x1536 after that fps slowly drops down, & on 2048x2048 it's 1/2 of original 60fps xD, for good picture on HD resolution it's good at 1024x1024, that's what I'm using right now... Look at edges of objects & you'll see the difference, it really gives better looks...

...somewhere I read that this resolution should be same 512x512, 1024x1024, ...not 1280x800, 1680x1050 etc... donno why?!?

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
I think you heard incorrectly on that. The internal res should be a multiple of the GAMES resolution for best results.

So if in the GSDx window the game says "512x448" you'd want to use "1024x896" or another multiple.
[Image: 2748844.png]
...OK, then I didn't read that correctly, tnx m8 for info...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X