Gran Turismo 4 license crashes, ghost cars and text
Hello, I know it's a known issue, I would like to ask, is it technically possible to at least create an automatic gamefix in future builds that would switch between clamping modes based on what the current mode is: licenses or any other? Can't we read the memory address on accessing the license tests mode and automatically switch from Full/Extra+Preserve Sign clamping modes to Normal when that is detected? It wouldn't fix the ghost cars, however. They'd still be broken. In and outside of license tests. This is in my opinion, a pretty annoying bug since it's hard to know whether you're improving your time in license tests without those ghosts. Is there something that can be done about it? I know PCSX2 team is hard at work, but it's so weird that such a high-profile game like GT4 isn't targeted for specific game fixes. There's also an issue with half-transparency missing from ghosts when they are working. This is minor yet a bit annoying and tells us that the renderer isn't accurate still.

Sponsored links

I wonder if the lack of ghost car transparency is caused by the SCANMSK, just like the MGS games. The PS3 software emulator does share similar issues in these games.
(12-10-2021, 06:24 PM)Agrippa Wrote: I wonder if the lack of ghost car transparency is caused by the SCANMSK, just like the MGS games. The PS3 software emulator does share similar issues in these games.

There is a pr with scanmsk enabled. You can try that to confirm.
If someone provides me a binary file of that version, I would be happy to test it.