Gran Turismo 4 messed up Memcard
Hello! Yesterday I've been coming back on GT4. I started to use the memcard normally, when I just loaded a savestate (which was further in the game progression) because I forgot that I had to choice either my memcard, either my savestate. 
The problem now is that when I try to save my game with savestate loaded, it says "The memory card (PS2) in the slot for the MEMORY CARD N°1 has been replaced. Starting the auto-save? Cancel - Ok" 
Then when I press Ok, "A different memory card (PS2) has been inserted. Would you insert the previous memory card (PS2) and retry? Cancel - Ok"
If I press Ok, it comes back to step 1. If I press cancel, it asks me to create a new game save and I just keep the car I'm driving.
I can't get on using savestates because you're obligated to use memcards to swap cars. I now have 3 memcards and I could backup the one I just replaced, sooo I don't know if there's a solve for this. I genuinely don't want to restart the whole game as I've done many things (a lot of special cars, gold medals, ...)
Notice that there's an option to "trade" cards and rebuy them from another memory card, but when I try to do that, there's only the car I'm driving that pops up or either it says that the data's corrupted.
The 3 memcards are formated.
I use the PAL Version

Here are my specs:
i5 - 4460
GTX 960 Gaming MSi 4gb
16gb ram hyperx fury
1to seagate barracuda
settings: check screens (version 1.5.0, I'll update it after I solved the problem)
Memcards
Thank you for helping me! Blush 
kano

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 25,76 KB / Downloads: 120)

Sponsored links

Best would be to start your game and load from memcard Instead of using savestate.
Savestate will messup with real save system
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yes indeed. Unless someone knows how to solve this accurate problem, I gotta restart the game :/ I'll see if it's worth the time or not
Thanks! Smile
Nope. Once GT4 gets into this state, it is stuck, best I can tell. It won't want to recognize your memcard no matter what you do because the game's information in RAM has diverged from that on the memcard. You can load normally from whatever is currently on your memcard, but that savestate will never be able to interact with your memcard again.
I know this is old, but I have just encountered the same issue, and everytime I reboot the game, I return to the save file where all the cars are gone, except for the Lexus IS300. Is there really nothing I can do about this issue? Or is there a way to save my save file, where I have all the cars and stuff?
(09-27-2022, 02:28 AM)Roon_GT1000 Wrote: I know this is old, but I have just encountered the same issue, and everytime I reboot the game, I return to the save file where all the cars are gone, except for the Lexus IS300. Is there really nothing I can do about this issue? Or is there a way to save my save file, where I have all the cars and stuff?

I did restart my game and never used savestates again. 
I’m trying to get 100% right now I’ve got all missions all licences gold 
Trying to get all black cars and all cars of the game why not. Doing special events rn because it’s the last painful step with constructors races in 100%. 
I still got extreme championships to do.
I did a lot of bspec with turbo mode though so I could catch up on progression still but I used to stand to pit and then drive right away to get nice feeling back Wink
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go