Gran Turismo 4 several issues
So I don't think the shader is working for me, all it really does is make the game really bright and makes anything that isn't pitch black unreadable - yes I do turn it off in menus, but even in-game its almost impossible to read what position am I in and seeing my time is a challenge in of itself..
https://imgur.com/a/LgVZmS5
Also, someone else complained that the game lags at the start of a race in 4k, I have the same issue and dropping down to 1440p fixed it, thats really weird because I have an RTX 2060...
Also, trying to get to B Licence Test 3 seems to freeze the game at the loading screen.

Sponsored links

(09-19-2019, 11:30 AM)Tom3kk Wrote: Also, someone else complained that the game lags at the start of a race in 4k, I have the same issue and dropping down to 1440p fixed it, thats really weird because I have an RTX 2060...
Have a look at your GPU usage when in 1440p, and see how it's hammered. you'll understand why an RTX 2060 isn't enough for 4k with this game.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-19-2019, 11:34 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Have a look at your GPU usage when in 1440p, and see how it's hammered. you'll understand why an RTX 2060 isn't enough for 4k with this game.
It sits at about 40-50% in 4k, ~35% at 1440p. ( and I get 60fps in both btw )
And It doesn't even explain why for example This guy's video looks like a pretty modern PC game, while mine at 1440p looks like its 360p...
There are also no visual bugs in the video while I often get visual bugs when a race is starting.
You can't honestly tell me that an RTX 2060 can't handle this at 4k lol
(09-19-2019, 03:43 PM)Tom3kk Wrote: It sits at about 40-50% in 4k, ~35% at 1440p.
And It doesn't even explain why for example This guy's video looks like a pretty modern PC game, while mine at 1440p looks like its 360p...
There are also no visual bugs in the video while I often get visual bugs when a race is starting.
this guy may not be using shaders (for instance), using a more recent pcsx2 version, etc..., for your other issues, i suggest you open a new thread.
and regarding speed, don't trust youtube videos since they will always play at full speed if made with internal recorder

(09-19-2019, 03:50 PM)Tom3kk Wrote: You can't honestly tell me that an RTX 2060 can't handle this at 4k lol
since your RTX 2060 is @ 50-60% when in 1440p, it makes sense.
(09-19-2019, 03:54 PM)jesalvein Wrote: this guy may not be using shaders (for instance), using a more recent pcsx2 version, etc..., for your other issues, i suggest you open a new thread.
and regarding speed, don't trust youtube videos since they will always play at full speed if made with internal recorder

He can't be using a more recent pcsx2 version in that video if its from bloody april and I downloaded pcsx2 today Laugh
(09-19-2019, 04:12 PM)Tom3kk Wrote: He can't be using a more recent pcsx2 version in that video if its from bloody april and I downloaded pcsx2 today Laugh
git ?
or stable ?

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
Stable!
I also looked at some youtube guide and the person there mentioned that changing the EE/IOP clamping to Extra + Preserve Sign  and VUs Clamping to Extra fixes Driving Licence graphical glitches - and that fixed all graphical issues and fixed licence tests - but I still don't know why my game looks so much worse.
(09-19-2019, 03:54 PM)jesalvein Wrote:
No, I've not yet seen it go beyond 50% in 4k, not sure where you got the idea it goes up to 60% in 1440p.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
(09-19-2019, 06:00 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
What problem are we talking about? 
I've already said that I've found a way to fix the graphical issues and Driving Licence crashing, so the only problem I have right now is that the game looks worse than it apparently can.